• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whos Uses 3f in a .62 rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies, everyone! After starting light and working up in increments, I finally found the 2f hunting load preferred by my .62: 110 grains 2f with .018 wonder-lubed ticking patch and a wonder wad. Now I'm going to start light with 3f and see where she comes in at.

Wow :shocked2: 110grns.? in a Jaeger? That's a short barrel for 110grns. 31" barrel? That's got have some wicked recoil with round ball!!. Thanks but no thanks :surrender:.

With 110 grains in a Jaeger barrel you are blowing 30 grains out the muzzle. Put a white sheet on the ground in front of your muzzle if you doubt this.

Finally got a Lyman .595 ball mold to replace the lopsided .600 Lee with the equatorial bulge.
Time to work up loads again!

Well, armakiller and grzrob, all I can say is that this .62 groups best with 110 grains 2f, OR (as I found out on my last range trip) 90 grains of 3f. The 90 grains of 3f may, in fact, be even more accurate as 3 shots were touching at 50 yards, but I shot a bit higher with one (knew I "yorked" the last one).

It did not do well with 85 or 90 grains of 2f.

The good groups were also when I switched to chamois patches with wonder wad.

Have you happened to chrono the 110 grain load?
The 120 FFg load gave me over 1500FPS with the .600 round ball. Gonna try out the .595 and see what happens, try to find an easy seating load that will shoot accurately. The lopsided .600 pretty much had to be loaded with ye olde plastic hammer.

GoodCheer said:
Have you happened to chrono the 110 grain load?
The 120 FFg load gave me over 1500FPS with the .600 round ball. Gonna try out the .595 and see what happens, try to find an easy seating load that will shoot accurately. The lopsided .600 pretty much had to be loaded with ye olde plastic hammer.

The .610 balls were pretty hard to start and load using .018 pillow ticking. Now that I'm using chamois, I can thumb start 'em and they load easy! Accuracy is good, but no, I have not chronographed them. I'm seriously considering going with the 90 grain 3f load. Today I had good results with just 50 grains 3f for a offhand plink/practice load. It still walloped the steel plat with authority, but not quite like the 90 grain load did.

Back