• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Who has Proto-flinters?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Teleoceras,
I have a couple of Baltic Snaphaunces (for some reason we call them swedish). Both from late 17th century. In very good condition but because of age I hesitate to use them.
If you can raise the money to get a replica I again want to inform you about Magnus Wiberg in Sweden, www.musketandrifle.nu that custom-builds rifles with baltic snaphaunce. For hunters, especially country people, snaphaunce-rifles was made in small villages and used even by a few in beginning of 20th century. During mid 19th century most snaphaunce were converted from flint to percussion-system. Thats why so few flint-snaphaunce has survived. :: :thumbsup:
ARILAR

Hi There,

I have a snaphaunce, as well as an english lock and a doglock (all reproductions).

Jim G

I have six Scottish replica pistols. Four are the all-steel, scroll-butt "Doune" style and one is a later "Birmingham" brass stock. They all use the horizontal sear English (or Scotch)Lock. The sixth pistol looks like a Doune but has the "modern" French Lock. I am also considering building an English Lock long arm of about the 1650 era that I can use for English Civil War but would still fit in when I am doing 1745 Jacobite era.

I have a pair of snaphaunce pistols on order from Dale Shinn, and just picked up a built Rifle Shoppe snaphaunce musket lock off of Ebay (I assume its from the makers, since the seller is also from Jones, OK, LOL!). I already have the barrel, and just to find some wood for a stock and I'm ready to go.

Gordon

Back