• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Which one should I get????

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slippery50

32 Cal.
Reaction score
OK, I`m already a BP, ML shooter. I don`t hunt anymore, but I do punch a lot of paper from 25 yds. out to 100 yds. I`m interested in getting one of these rifles. They are both Pedersoli`s, they are both in like new condition, both same $$ within $25, & both 50 cal. perc. One is a Kentucky & the other is a Frontier. Which one would you guys & girl choose & why? Thanks in advance.

I would get the Kentucky just cause I think they look better. The Frontier would be quicker and easier cleaning. :v

Wrong answers so far, "men"!

A REAL man would say BOTH of course. Jeez! Arrghhh...

I own those guns myself. The Frontier is a double set trigger, longer, and more front-heavy but manageable robust rifle. The Kentucky is a sweet, shorter, nicely balanced and, as has been said, different looking gun.

Yeah -- if they were a bargain or could be had as such I'd buy both although...

...if the Cabela's Pedersoli Kentucky sans patchbox is a double set trigger I might consider that instead if the patchbox didn't sweep me off my feet.

Both 50's eh? If ya like that (and should) and caplocks (a little modern for me in sporting arms usually), yeah, offer 150% of the more expensive one for both. Eventually you'll need (OK, want) both ANYWAY -- get it over with, and well, now!

:wink:

I got 2 frontiers 45, and 36 cal and still need a few more in the other calibers, 32, 50, and 54. Ohh I vote for the Frontier.

Lunch? Buy one for you and one for the Mrs. She'll be thrilled! :shocked2:

I got her a baby dragoon! She was less than thrilled :confused: , But I like it. Seems to have never been fired and cylinder and bore lines up perfectly. I gots to be REAL careful with that trick, believe she's catching on

I actually just bought a Pedersoli flint Kentucky in .50. I really liked the way it handled. still waiting for licensing paperwork before I can pick it up. Maybe that is your answer. Pick them both up and close your eyes. Which one feels right? At the end of the day they'll do the same job so follow your heart and don't overthink it?

Show her "Last Of The Mohicans" and then remark about how Madeline Stowe did it just fine...it'll either work or we'll take up a collection for your divorce! :wink: :haha:

Back