• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheeler trade rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowcsp

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This is copy of the wheeler trade rifle from the Charles Hanson trade rifle sketch book this would have been an early gun (1790 to 1820) sold buy both the american and british traders. The rifle has a 44" swamped 54 cal. colrain barrel a davis lock and brass hardware all in a hard maple stock from dunlap woodcrafts. Go ahead tell me what you guys think would this be pc for the rocky mountain fur trade.
GEDC1281-001.jpg

GEDC1274-001.jpg

GEDC1272-001.jpg

GEDC1276.jpg

Nice smoke pole you got there. I suppose that it could be pc for that era. The problem is that there was no single gun that everybody carried, so I just can't tell you for sure(not that I'm an authority on the subject)

VERY nicely done----that's a rifle that you never see these days, but would have been pretty common in the very early 1800s. Good job!

Rod

Don't know if it's PC, but ya done well Pilgrim. I really like a dark stock in a satin finish. IMHO, a true mountain rifle wouldn't have a shiny stock :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bud

Back