• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's your favorite smoothy, undt do ya own it?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two, a short 16 ga flint canoe gun. Its a real beater, but boy can it shoot a round ball. And my lehigh barn gun in 28 ga. Another round ball shootin fool. Both guns have been good to me winning a few shoots here and there.

A 4-bore caplock I made. Half the fun is convincing a buddy to try it. I normally use a wimpy charge for such guys. It is fun to watch them flinch.

I own a Caywood Wilson model tradegun in 20 ga. Love it. I took it out to the range this morning (played hookie) and darned if the mainspring isn't starting to go south on me. So, I call up Danny. "No problems," he says. "I'll send you out a new spring. You'll get it about Saturday." Man, that's what I call great folks. :hatsoff:

Yeah, I'd buy another Caywood gun, anytime.
Cruzatte

My favorite is a 20 ga. dutch matchlock that I built myself. second is a 20 ga. tulle from Naragansett Arms got it 7 years ago before they had the trouble..

Hello Chuck,
You said you got a Narraganset before they had the trouble. I have a gun ordered from him that's due in Nov. What's the trouble you are talking about?

I'd have to say my 20 gauge fowler from TVM. Shoots like a dream and is a killer with round ball. She keeps a 3" pattern at 50 yards. Thats 4 holes just about touching each other.

Used it at a re-enactment in a drizzily rain and that sweetheart lit 35 out of 35 times.

Being a re-enactor, I must have fired over a thousand blanks (not to mention a hundred or so balls) out of it over the years. Sometimes the barrel is so hot you burn your hands loading it.

All its ever needed was a new flint now and then.

And by the way Mike Brooks, that 18ga double by Bilby Hyde & Co.is a real sweetheart. Tell you what, I'll trade you both my ex-wives for it.

Pappy Dean: I've sent you an email about Narragansett arms. You can consider your money thrown out the window and you'll never receive your gun. There is a long list of people on other lists suing him. You will need to get in the litigation bandwagon if you want any recourse from this. I'm sorry .... and I hope you didn't send him a large amount for a down payment as that is alot of money you have lost and will never recover unless you go after Narragansett arms legally.
Ohio Rusty

The one I just finished, If no one buys it I will sure put her through her paces on PA grouse and bunnies and maybe deer if she groups tight
web page
Creek

Back