• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's the one muzzleloader you regret parting with most?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a nice Dickert copy built for me by a builder who is no longer making rifles. It was my first semi custom rifle ever and I was super stoked!!!! It took around 6 months for him to build.. he took tons of pictures.. I couldn’t wait for the day to come. Then he called me and told me it was done and was shipped out that day.Upon receiving the rifle the builder didn’t neutralize the browning on the barrel finish and it had really rusted!! I took it apart and done the neutralizing myself, then the patchbox had some really sharp spots and I had to re-inlet it, the lockplate was inlet good enough, but it had a razor sharp spot on the top of it... it was a quick and shotty build with a few warts here and there... I redone some of it, made it very respectable and it shot like a dream with the colrain round groove rifling. I had it for about 4 years and loved shooting it. Due to financial issues from my ex-wife I ended up selling it to a fella on this site, he got an excellent deal. I’d love to have it back someday.

I wish I still had my 1st BP rifle back. It was a new Zoli Zouave that my dad bought me when I was 15 years. He bought a used one and we both started shooting N-SSA competition the following year. I sold it so that I could buy a 1853 Enfield reproduction.

Still have the CVA Kentucky Pistol dad bought from at Bi Mart 1968 my first year of high school. I've have had over a half dozen Thompson Centers in 54 and a couple 50 caliber, I own the two 54's that shot Lyman #538657 450 Grain Plains slug way more accurate than the rest. I gave the best one to my Brother in law then traded him a Mossberg shotgun to get it back. 1982 Shiloh Gun Works, I think from Big Timber Montana, sold a few muzzleloaders and Sharps rifles in Sheridan Wy gun shop, I bought a deadly accurate with round balls 54 cal muzzleloader with a longer twist than the TC's and my cousin bought a Shiloh 1874 Sharps Rifle. Horse wreck broke my stock and all I have now is the barrel with Shiloh gun works stamped on it.

I had a trapdoor that had a Numrich Arms .45 cal percussion conversion barrel that apparently was supplied as a kit with the percussion barrel and hammer to drop into a trapdoor stock, I foolishly let it go, after searching I’ve never been able to find another to buy.

Took three guns to a rondevous to make space. Put a “ don’t want to sell it “ price on a tc renegade in 54 cal. It was the first to go. Problem is i filled the space before summers end.

I didn't even have to think

Jim Bridger parts.A Davis lock and Davis triggers. 1 1/8" to 1" tapered James Goodoien hand lapped match grade barrel. In .58

I never even test fired it. Money got tight, and I let it go. I may build one someday

New toy.jpg
New toy (3).jpg

My replica Zouave that I fitted out with a Numrich 7 groove NSSA approved barrel. Set a record in 50 yard musket offhand match at Friendship (lasted six months), set it up with on and off aperture sights and won more than a few 50 yard bench and cross sticks matches at local clubs. Base gun was a Zoli I bought in 1974. Round ball, sixty grains FFFg, card wad on powder, 570 ball with pillow ticking.
Second would be my Bob Tingle .45 rifle that more than paid for itself in prizes and venison.

Never have sold a regular front stuffer but did sell an 1851 navy some years back. Sold an 1873 full rifle once that I wish that I hadn't. I ordered a 51 navy from DGW last week to replace the one I sold years back. I'm not real good at sellling guns, just buying them.

I had a trapdoor that had a Numrich Arms .45 cal percussion conversion barrel that apparently was supplied as a kit with the percussion barrel and hammer to drop into a trapdoor stock, I foolishly let it go, after searching I’ve never been able to find another to buy.
I remember those Numrich Arms kits from back in the mid 1960's. A friend bought one. Never see one come up for sale.

Rick

Like Rifleman 1776, I would sell a kid(ney) before I sold a ML'er, particularly any of my builds. Like him, I too had a boating accident and lost all my other guns. And ammunition. And reloading equipment. Very tearful day.

I just saw one up on GunBroker going for $450.
I just got one offa Guns International for 395, but it didn't have the 1863 hammer, just the original Trapdoor one and the overtravel on that guy was well past the nipple. Figuring that situation out was more work than i felt like i could do, i returned it.
PM me and i can show you where i got it from.

Latest posts

Back