• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats guns are on YOUR wish list?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My next one WILL BE a.50 cal. Queen Anne style pistol built buy Mr. Paul Allison. I went to Mr. Allisons shop after a visit at the Muddy Run Rendazvous with Don Arrowood. Got myself fitted up proper, shook hands to seal the deal,now it's waiting time! I look forword to seeing and shooting this fine piece!!!!!!!!!

I would like to have a full scale Three-Inch Ordnance Rifle, like the one my Great Great Grandfather manned, during the Civil War, with Snow's Battery B, 1st Maryland Light Artillery, Federal.

> Fires 10-lb. projectiles (conical bolt, case, shell, canister)
> Bore diameter, 3"
> Tube weight, 820 lbs., wrought iron
> Range, 1,830 yds. at 5° elevation
> Muzzle velocity, 1215 FPS
> Use: Infantry support in open areas, counterbattery.

or

a medieval hoop and stave cannon

Just dreaming...

If wishes were fishes, all we would need is taters for the chips!

I want

1. a "Golden Age" .40 flintlock rifle, not too flashy, but carved and brass mounted with a nice period horn and hunting bag.

2. a Triplett and Scott 22" carbine with an unbroken stock. (I've never sen one that didn't have a cracked at the wrist.)

3. Not a gun for this forum.....I'm also a CAS shooter..., but a S&W 1st model Russian with a nickel plating, an 8" barrel, and ivory grips. I'd take a matched pair if I could find them.

In addition to the 12 ga. that I mentioned earlier, I would love to have a 20 ga. fowler. I used to have a nice one a while back and let it get away. Oh, the decisions we make and live to regret. :idunno: :doh:

You folks don't know how good you've got it! I would love to build a pistol (maybe a rifle too) from a kit, but we can't import kits into this country :shake: . (Well, technically that's not quite correct, as I could certainly order one and have it shipped here, but Customs would seize it. They will not release an un-assembled gun, in kit form) :cursing: .

So having a wish list, when it comes to guns, is rather pointless

Well that must me a pain, What about a "assembeled" pre inlet in the white arm of some sort?

Where are you located?

I'm in South Australia. The rules and regulations pertaining to firearms are the stuff of nightmares!

I spoke to Customs, and all firearms brought into Sth. Oz are tested by Customs to make sure that, amongst other things, the safety works and they do a drop test to make sure it won't go off (in the case of a muzzleloader they make sure that the half-cock won't release when dropped). If the tests can't be done then it won't be released.

It is possible to import a firearm, but one of the problems is that very few places in the US will export guns overseas. And it's expensive.

So, some jerk sets the revolver at half cock and then proceeds to drop it on the hammer? :shake:

Although the modern reproductions will probably survive such a test, doing that is pure idiocy.

A more sensible test would be to place the gun at half cock and then apply a 10 pound force to the trigger.

If it passed that test there is little likelihood that the gun would be accidentally fired by any normal activity and doing such a test would not harm a gun that was in good, safe condition.

Apparently they drop it from a pre-determined height onto some sort of padding so that it lands butt first. It's just one of the many questionable absurdities that we have to put up with here. This all came about, btw, after the Port Arthur Massacre. (It proved a wonderful opportunity for the then Prime Minister to run amok with his ideas for re-vamping the firearms regulations!).

My apologies for running off-topic.

I always thought a Dahlgren Boat Howitzer would look good in front of the house - big bore in a small (as cannons go) package.
Runner up - a Grasshopper or Butterfly.

Trying not to even think about a wish list. I've been on the hook, since March, for a custom longbow I ordered. Suppose to receive it in late August. When that's a done deal, I can start to wish.

dikman said:
Apparently they drop it from a pre-determined height onto some sort of padding so that it lands butt first. It's just one of the many questionable absurdities that we have to put up with here. This all came about, btw, after the Port Arthur Massacre. (It proved a wonderful opportunity for the then Prime Minister to run amok with his ideas for re-vamping the firearms regulations!).

My apologies for running off-topic.

Did you make the Australian Nationals at Easter?

Actually the drop test was around long before the Port Arthur Massacre and the new gun laws, but quite a few years after it they started requiring it for kit guns at importation. You are perfectly able to import barrels, locks, furniture and pre-inlet stocks separately and you could probably do each part on a B709A as replacement parts for your existing M/L. Its the US limit on $100 of parts at a time before requiring arms export clearance that stops US suppliers selling to us.

I am also a long time editor of this page:
Gun Politics in Australia

Latest posts

Back