• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats guns are on YOUR wish list?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 32 swamped barrel, A early Lancaster in 50, 2 t/c Seneca's for my boys to get stated with :wink:

A French Fusil by Roy Stroh if he'll do it. I don't know the configuration yet, but I like his work and he's now located in Maine.

Well, I'm currently waiting (fairly patiently) for my Lowell Haarer .54 smoothbore flint dueller to arrive.

And 2 weeks ago (wouldn't you just know) one of my fellow members of the Historical Arms Society of Tucson shows-up at our monthly meeting with a cased pair of Wogdon flint duellers of the plainest, most business-like style. 'Another Wogdon case', indeed ... Just the opportunity to handle them briefly gives one to know exactly why Wogdon's reputation for deadly efficiency was in no way hyped.
The owner of the Wogdons will not likely part with them, but Mr. Haarer indicates he might be willing to essay a copy of one - or a pair.
Life is unfair.
mhb - Mike

I had at one time a rack and then some full of MLers that I built, but seeing they were rarely shot, sold all except three. At first it was "painful", but being a product of the "Great Depression" and having been attuned to adverse conditions in my early childhood and beyond, took it in stride and never looked back. Afterall, that is the American way?

What I'd like to build is "the perfect LR" from a blank, if that's at all possible....not from an aesthetic aspect { I'm not an artist}, but from simple, mechanical perfection....perfect inletting, perfect shaping and above all, a perfect design.

That's my goal on the present and last build and will this goal be achieved? Have to be optimistic, so will say "yes", but then reality sets in and kinda "lowers the bar a bit"....but this in no way is a deterrent from "my goal".

My "wish list" was saturated many years ago and therefore for many years, building was much more attractive than "owning" and still is, but those who aspire to own "guns of my dreams", my hat's off to you....Fred

46" barrel smoothbore flintlock and a LeMat pistol. Both reproductions of course.

bucket list is short...
1750-1780ish Virgina area.. 58 cal c wt. 42" rice swamped bbl ,stump cut curly ash stock.wood box, low sights ,brass trim ,set triggers,no carving,horn cap. tapered bulbus rod....Now the wait on parts... :grin:

TrueBlueYankee said:
A French Fusil by Roy Stroh if he'll do it. I don't know the configuration yet, but I like his work and he's now located in Maine.

:hmm: When did he move from Georgia? :eek:ff sorry.

Easy. All of them. I'm only focusing on priorities of acquisition for now. All builds. In current order;

Lehigh Stophil Long
Lehigh John Moll
Lehigh John Young
Lehigh pistol
Isaac Haines
Bedford
Germanic Wheel lock
Blunderbuss
Snap haunce
Miquolet
1841 6 pounder on No. 1 Field Carriage

But my priorities may change. In cartridge guns;

English made Double rifle
Johnson Rifle
Almost any Cl. 3

Not sure, but I saw another post that mentioned it a few weeks back. Checking out his site shows he's now in Fayette ME. Lucky us :wink:

A long land Bess with a 46" barrel and steel rammer, in 0.775 cal has been on my wish list for a long time.

I've also been craving an early model heavy Dragoon pistol in 0.62 cal.

A 0.36 or 0.40 cal squirrel rifle comes in a distant third.

With the purchase of my 41 Mississippi a month or so ago my wish list is complete. Now I am after ones that speak to me. I have seen a couple that are starting to wisper to me. a 58 sharps at a gun show, and a dance brothers at Cabela's. But you never know what might speak to me. May even be a bargain at a civil war event.

I have a yearnin for a really big bore rifle. I have a 62. But, Years back, I picked up a muzzleloading rifle barrel blank in 69 caliber. It is 1 and 3/8 round and 38 inches long. 1:66 IIRC, I have accumulated some parts over the years to build what I want. But recently thought maybe would just put an underhammer action on the end. I'd like both open and reciever sights so I can use it for some light bench and some other shooting

My wish list....Umm

I'm just dying for a old pedersoli or miroku bess or charleville that I can make a short carbine out of.
I presently have both a pedersoli bess and miroku charleville in standard length and they both are so great I would never be modifying them.

Jager rifle in 62 cal.

blunderbuss with a barrel about 20-26'' and a big curvy queen anne style lock.

Baker rifle with a round face lock
Antique brown bess

A new made or antique barrel I can fit to my restored Nepali p53 rifle musket

Back