• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Whats guns are on YOUR wish list?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vearl said:
About twelve full size civil war cannons. Place them three to a side on my property.
Declare war on the United States...surrender. Then get all of the rebuilding federal funds and retire to Friendship.

Vearl
:hatsoff: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Robby

Vearl said:
About twelve full size civil war cannons. Place them three to a side on my property.
Declare war on the United States...surrender. Then get all of the rebuilding federal funds and retire to Friendship.

Vearl
I would NEVER surrender! If you do, ya get stuck in GITMO!! They would get my cannons over my dead body! :stir: Where's the grapeshot when you need it?

I am not PC/HC and do not know one long rifle style from the next.

I guess it would be a flintlock, full stock, nice wood but not to nice to use, (a working rifle), double set triggers, with very little drop in the stock and iron furniture, with no carving. I like simple and nice wood.

No brass at all, just a working mans gun.

It would be a 45 with a swamped barrel to match an old man's strength.

Kind of like the old song, Marry an ugly woman if you want to be happy the rest of your life.

A .32 or .36 with a swamped barrel for littler critters.
AND
A .62-ish smooth bore for slinging shot at birds...

Geez, as my third gun since January just arrived yesterday believe me my wife can't see this. :nono:
But I am cheap to keep. I would just like to continue my TC collection. Now consists of a 54 cal Hawken , a 58 cal Big Boar and as of yesterday a 12ga. New Englander.Might like to add a Lyman GPR.
My choices may be because I am new to this.
Take care,
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
A .40 cal. long rifle. Need not be fancy but must be quality. Must be flint lock. Probably 13/16" swamped 42" barrel. Probably would have a Johnson style peep sight. http://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssup...?cart_id=4870234.19376&next=25&product=Sights
This would mostly be used for competition shooting at my club or others that allow peepers. The light but long barrel will be kind to my aging and tore up left shoulder but still have 'hang' for steady holding.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great thread and I hope it continues. I am very fortunate to have the flintlocks that I do. But hey we could all use more.

I'd like to add a 1st model Brown Bess and a military style Jaeger rifle.

The gun that Little Sheba will be when she gets a quality tang peep and the paper patch mold she deserves.

A sxs Manton style Englisch sporting flintlock shotgun - an Early Lancaster style flintlock in .45 - a flintlock fowler or fusil - did I mention they have to be flintlock? :)

.54 flinter, rice swamped barrel, davis lock, tiger maple full stock, double set trigger, iron hardware, plumb rust finish, lifetime supply of flints.

Brace of .54 flinter pistols to match above.

Latest posts

Back