• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What to do with a Wabbit??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntinfool

45 Cal.
Reaction score
When attacked by a wascally wabbit!
First ya Shwoot him with a fwintwock!

DufRab30718.jpg

Then ya invwite him home for dinner!

FryedWabbit0728.jpg

Well you know what's next!!

AteWabbit0729.jpg

YMH&OS,
Chuck or Maybe Elmer Fudd!! :crackup: :crackup:

Man, you really know how to make a fella hungry don't ya? :)

Good shootin :redthumb: Did ya use shot or ball?

Dang!!..... Now I got tha "itch" to go shoot a couple!! :thumbsup:

Makes my mouth water, jest look'n at the pitchers!! :haha:

YMHS
rollingb

I used shot #4 I was huntin' on 22 acres in a populated area. I have a duck blind on a slough there. I've been seeing wabbits everytime I drive in during the pre-dawn times.

Anyhow I prefer to use shot cuz our wabbits hold tight in real thick grass or brush. Lots of briars when you kick em out they scoot pretty quick and don't usually stop till they're clear of danger maybe 100 yards or so in more thick brush usually!

Killed 3 last Friday and all 3 were runnin' full tilt!

Hunt with beagles usually around here! I told the guys over in chat I'd be right back but time I ate they all left guess I made them hungry just talkin' about fryin' him up! LOL!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Huntinfool,
nice looking dinner. got a couple in the freezer
guess now i'l have to bring them out. you made me hungary.
snake-eyes :peace: :)

The knife and fork still look clean? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I think he must have used his fingers and made a sandwich... :redthumb:

I used shot #4

I usually use #6 shot in my 12ga. flint fowler. I haven't been out after bunnies yet this year, been after them tree rats with my .32. You got me motivated now, thing I'll get my rabbit huntin gear together.

Yes I too usually use 6 shot in my 12 bore and sometime 7 1/2 but someone gave me about 25 # of 4 shot so since I got plenty of it!!

YMH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

Where and the world is the taters n' gravy?!!!!

Nice pics and there is nothin' like some fried rabbit. :D

"Where and the world is the taters n' gravy?!!!!"

I thought about em for about 2 seconds but I was hungry and thought the wabbit would be enough. It was!

YNH&OS, :redthumb:
Chuck

On second thought I guess you are right. I am with the other guy that mentioned the fork. Acutally, forks are forbidden at the table when there is pan fried squirrel and no taters. You WILL need the knife to protect your plate though!!! :crackup:

I'm gonna have to get back out at least 1 more time with the .32 for some small game before the season sneaks away...

Good luck
Wess

Back