• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What rifle is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This belongs to a friend of mine. The only picture I have at the moment. Cap lock but looks like it might have been converted from a flintlock. 45 caliber. It is a full stock, long barrel, with a trigger and set trigger. No patch box. The stock does have a cheek piece and a butt plate. He believes it to have been handed down for numerous generations. The letters "AB" are on the top flat of the barrel which he says are the initials of a grandfather or great grand father or great great grandfather.

IMG_6122.jpg

Definitely can't tell anything from that photo other than that it looks like it was likely converted from flintlock due to the front lock bolt hole and absence of bolt.

He believes it to have been handed down for numerous generations. The letters "AB" are on the top flat of the barrel which he says are the initials of a grandfather or great grand father or great great grandfather.
Honestly, it's tough to narrow down when there's a possible 5 generation spread confirmed with a 2 letter barrel stamp.
That of itself confirms a mystery of genealogy not the history of the rifle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back