• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What MZL-wise are you getting for Xmas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordering one of these for my DGW .32cal barrel so I can fit it in the Tennessee stock I have.

No tellin what else. Maybe order some powder because I really dont want to use the pyrodex I have.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220_192748_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221220_192748_Messages.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 0
SATISFACTION! That is what I got for Christmas today.

A young man contacted me today wanting to know if he could make payments on the 50 cal and the extra stock and parts I had for sale that were listed here and also locally. Before we discussed this, I invited him over to take a look at it.

A very polite young man with an inordinate interest in the gun. A working kid, about 20 with a young wife and baby with him. Asked if he could put $50 down and $50 every two weeks until paid for.

I told him how about $40 and he just take it all and Merry Christmas. He argued with me that he didn't want welfare. I told him he didn't want this old man trying to kick his butt before Christmas. Besides, think of it as a pay it forward. When he is in position he can do the same some day.

Gave him a half a can of Pyrodex with it and sent him on his way.

Even a grumpy old Marine can play Santa every now and then!
That was an awesome gesture from a grumpy old jarhead! MAY GOD BLESS YOU & YOURS IN THE COMING YEARS!!!

A young man contacted me today wanting to know if he could make payments on the 50 cal and the extra stock and parts I had for sale that were listed here and also locally. Before we discussed this, I invited him over to take a look at it.

A very polite young man with an inordinate interest in the gun. A working kid, about 20 with a young wife and baby with him. Asked if he could put $50 down and $50 every two weeks until paid for.

I told him how about $40 and he just take it all and Merry Christmas. He argued with me that he didn't want welfare. I told him he didn't want this old man trying to kick his butt before Christmas. Besides, think of it as a pay it forward. When he is in position he can do the same some day.

Even a grumpy old Marine can play Santa every now and then!
Outstanding Jarhead!!!

Chesty would be Proud!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

RM

We give thanks to the Lord, and do not play pagan worship games.
We too give thanks to the Lord for His Grace and innumerable blessings…one of which is Santa Claus.

God is blessing me with a slightly used muzzleloader (the unmentionable here variety)….although Santa the Pagan is delivering it in his brown truck…..everyone knows it’s from the limitless bounty of God.

Even a grumpy old Marine can play Santa every now and then!View attachment 184405
Toys for Tots! Bravo Zulu

My wife is gifting me a SMR from Kibler for Christmas. Got the call from them yesterday that it has been shipped.!! To top it all off with frosting... As of today she is officially "retired"! I am doubly blessed! God is good ... Always!!!!

Last edited:

Even a grumpy old Marine can play Santa every now and then!View attachment 184405
Ooo Rah

Big haul from Santa (funny, he looks exactly like the guy I see in my mirror…):
Traditions Kentucky rifle FL kit; Traditions KY PC pistol kit; all the accoutrements to build, shoot, and maintain; leather possibles kit; and a haversack. I don’t know who’s gonna have a better Christmas; me, or Townsends, Grafs, and Muzzle-Loader.com… 😂

Just found out my oldest Son has gifted himself a wonderful Christmas present. He bought an original 1816 musket built at Harpers Ferry in 1839. And the stamps confirm that the conversion was done at the CS armory in Columbus, MS in 1862. The Columbus armory operated in ‘62 after Memphis fell. This rifle would have been issued and used by the army of Mississippi (later called the Army of Tennessee) and stayed in the western theater. While this rifle wouldn’t raise eyebrows like some others would, my Son is very excited about it since our ancestors fought almost exclusively in the west. He bought it from The Horse Soldier in Gettysburg. When it arrives I’ll take a bunch of photos and post them.

Just found out my oldest Son has gifted himself a wonderful Christmas present. He bought an original 1816 musket built at Harpers Ferry in 1839. And the stamps confirm that the conversion was done at the CS armory in Columbus, MS in 1862. The Columbus armory operated in ‘62 after Memphis fell. This rifle would have been issued and used by the army of Mississippi (later called the Army of Tennessee) and stayed in the western theater. While this rifle wouldn’t raise eyebrows like some others would, my Son is very excited about it since our ancestors fought almost exclusively in the west. He bought it from The Horse Soldier in Gettysburg. When it arrives I’ll take a bunch of photos and post them.
That sounds like a wonderful piece of living history as well as a family treasure!

Back