• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What kind of stuff do you all read?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TDM, it’s not been long since I read a lot about the Creek wars in Albert James Pickett's book, History of Alabama and incidentally of Georgia and Mississipp. Copyright is in the 1850's So it was written not long after the division of the Mississippi territory. Pickett had knowledge directly from some of those involved in the war. His history is in two lengthy volumes but you will gain much by reading vol. 1 first to give you the setting for the Creek war itself. You can get both as free PDF downloads at archive.org. Excellent read.

TDM, it’s not been long since I read a lot about the Creek wars in Albert James Pickett's book, History of Alabama and incidentally of Georgia and Mississipp. Copyright is in the 1850's So it was written not long after the division of the Mississippi territory. Pickett had knowledge directly from some of those involved in the war. His history is in two lengthy volumes but you will gain much by reading vol. 1 first to give you the setting for the Creek war itself. You can get both as free PDF downloads at archive.org. Excellent read.
Pickett and his work is mentioned frequently in book I’m reading now. I’ll definitely look for the PDF. Alabama is my ancestral home for both my parents and their families. All from south central Alabama. They didn’t arrive until around 1820, most coming from the Carolinians. So they missed the Creek wars, I probably wouldn’t be here if they had come earlier! Most settled in the Fort Mims massacre area. I’m going to try to visit there this year.

I like to read about the California gold rush and the history that surrounds it. I live 6 miles as the crow flies from where Marshall first discovered gold in Coloma and started westward expansion. I also like to read about the native Indian culture from our area. I read quite a bit about history in general. I also like books with lots of pictures!

I love reading. I usually have 2 books (1 fiction/1 non) going at a time, and a magazine, usually Muzzleblasts or Backwoodsman.

My favorite authors are:
Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Christopher Buehlman, Jim Butcher and Grady Hendrix.

Right now I’m reading “World Within a Song” by Jeff Tweedy and “The Talisman” by Stephen King and Peter Straub.

I love reading. I usually have 2 books (1 fiction/1 non) going at a time, and a magazine, usually Muzzleblasts or Backwoodsman.

My favorite authors are:
Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Christopher Buehlman, Jim Butcher and Grady Hendrix.

Right now I’m reading “World Within a Song” by Jeff Tweedy and “The Talisman” by Stephen King and Peter Straub.
I sign up to an online library called 'Scribd'. Provided it is on their database you can temporarily download anything you want. Recently I read all of Dewey Lambdin's 'Alan Lewrie' series. Dewey Lambdin is an American ex - navy officer, and his books are about a fictitious Royal Navy captain in the Napoleonic wars. His books are remarkably accurate and his knowledge of British geography and naval language extraordinary. Amazingly, I typed 'Muzzleblasts' into the search, and lo and behold it turned up! Only a few issues available, though. I am now checking to see if you can subscribe to an online version.
Edit: GUESS WHAT...YOU CAN!!!

Read this one last nite. This was a local event, involving our sheriffs dept. My wife's cousin worked with this Vicky for several years as a jailor. Some may remember the story as the manhunt was on national news for about a week or so.
1706238003748.jpeg

Back