• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reloaded my rifle in preparation for tomorrow morning’s hunt. 😁 Hoping to see some rutting action finally. I’ve seen two big bucks this past week just standing around with big groups of does. No little bucks running around like hormone charged teenagers either. Not sure what’s up around here, but tomorrow is a new day!

Reloaded my rifle in preparation for tomorrow morning’s hunt. 😁 Hoping to see some rutting action finally. I’ve seen two big bucks this past week just standing around with big groups of does. No little bucks running around like hormone charged teenagers either. Not sure what’s up around here, but tomorrow is a new day!
If your luck runs like mine, they will have moved off into the next county.:ghostly:

Holey Dooley! It's as dry as a dead dingo's donger up there on the tops! Living on the coastal flats can get a bloke feeling that everything is alright with the land. But in the burbs, our constant use of sprinklers and inground irrigation systems will have us believing a lie, that's for sure.

I had intended to hunt over the last four days to get some meat with the Parker Hale 1858. I've proved a good load over the last few weeks but upon seeing the state of the block, I decided to keep the powder in the flask. The Chital were plentiful, drawn to the verges of the primary river system for browsing, but oh, they were so lean and struggling for condition. They sure didn't need me to add to their list of obstacles. A good rain will see them pick up again.

So, instead of hunting with the big '58, I decided I would practice my stalking skills with the Canon.

Come walk with me ...

Cheers, Pete

SB1.jpg
SB2.jpg
SB3.jpg
SB4.jpg
SB6.jpg
SB7.jpg
SB8.jpg

worked on my Cherry build for an hour. then the wife decided she needed to go to town!.
being left to my own with no one to tell me i couldn't, i loaded up the .54 Darwin and snuck off into the woods for a glorious 3 hours!!!! made it a whole mile and back.
two stepping down a logging road i saw a little pine rubbed this morning. stopped for 45 minutes and just watched.
finally decided to mosey on a bit.
2 steps and 30 yards away a snort and flag. about a 140 class whitetail busted me!!. not so bad because he just went 20 yards and stopped to blow a bunch before moving off slow.
waited another 20 minutes and slipped over to where he had been starting a scrape.
going back later with some doe scent flags and see if i can trick him
two scrapes are about 10 feet apart.

Attachments

• 20231120_121726.jpg
    20231120_121726.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231120_121808.jpg
    20231120_121808.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231120_121821.jpg
    20231120_121821.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Been cleaning up a made in USA CVA mountain rifle today. It must have spent some time in the humidity for the rifle was covered in light rust, no pitting. Was able to break all parts down except the tang bolt where someone had already wollered out the slot. The barrel is really clean as in maybe saw very little use. This will really make a nice rifle just gonna need a tang bolt. Anybody got any ideas where to start looking for tang bolt?

Giving rust bluing my first attempt.

Did the second application of LMF today. Temperature and humidity isn’t exactly conducive to what I am doing but since it is my first attempt I don’t mind it going slow.

Pro tip: When you cut the PVC for your scalding trough the cut edges are RAZOR sharp. I tested it twice just to make sure!

Been cleaning up a made in USA CVA mountain rifle today. It must have spent some time in the humidity for the rifle was covered in light rust, no pitting. Was able to break all parts down except the tang bolt where someone had already wollered out the slot. The barrel is really clean as in maybe saw very little use. This will really make a nice rifle just gonna need a tang bolt. Anybody got any ideas where to start looking for tang bolt?
Might try Dixie or Track or Muzzleloaders supply.

Had our club shoot Saturday, had 14 shooters and some really great competition and fellowship. 50 yards offhand, 2 bull Buffalo cut into singles (yes we are a penny pinching bunch). Anyway, it was a great day and just enough wind to wait at times keeping the smoke clear and the temp was unusually warm and dry as we are in a drought like most others, luckily we did not set the grass on fire. Come join us for the coming year, every 3rd Saturday, Feb. thru Nov. weather permitting. Yadkin Valley Longrifles, Union Grove NC.

Check the required thread dimension first, Cotntop, then the length required. A look around at a standard hardware store should reveal a bolt that would work - you may have to adjust the length by cutting a bit off, but this is easily done.

All the best, Pete

https://www.deercreekproducts.net/store/p1014/Mountain_Rifle_and_Pistol_Tang_Screw.html

I would try Deer Creek Products first. Might have to call them but the tang bolt is listed. OOPS I see JUstin.44 beat me to it. They are great folks to do business with.
https://www.deercreekproducts.net/store/c4/CVA_Mountain_Rifle_Parts.html

Back