• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many camps. I haven't been to an eastern in many years.
EC8669B4-ABF0-4AB4-BE29-0D8EC9726F2C.jpeg
EC8669B4-ABF0-4AB4-BE29-0D8EC9726F2C.jpeg

C5576DDB-83AC-4DB3-B913-B8AB0CEA7F9C.jpeg
67FA15D8-44E4-4910-AAF4-28488BA68CC2.jpeg

Attachments

• 5E151C61-E807-4CDA-AEA5-D4C89BBC702D.jpeg
    5E151C61-E807-4CDA-AEA5-D4C89BBC702D.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Sorry pics were for SMO. Don’t have a head count for Eastern. Was told there were fewer this year than in the past.

Just got back from the Georgia State Muzzleloaders Shoot held at the Brushy Creek Muzzleloaders Club in Lenox, Ga. ‘‘Twas a blast! Pun intended. A few pics of the loading line, target stations and a video of Forum famous “garypl” shooting for 10x with his flintlock.
It was a pleasure finally meeting you Quin, and I had a great time at the shoot! Glad you didn’t post the two flash in the pans I had before my rifle actually fired :ghostly:

Guess who won the pound of Swiss 3f you donated to the raffle? My lucky day today!

Also met another member from your club back in SC - Mulebrain - and had a nice conversation with him and his son Jeremy. Got me thinking I’m going to have to come out to your club when you have one of your big shoots!

The members of Brushy Creek are a nice group who put on a safe, fun, and well-run shoot and I thank Sammie and everyone else who made me feel welcome!

I've been considering a Class 1 (Military .58) rifle for a few years and have kept an eye on the Sales web sights here in Oz. Had a Zoli Zouave 20 years ago and it shot well. Very well actually. Thought maybe I'd get a Parker Hale 2 band Enfield this time but for good ones they are double the price. You pay extra for (a).. the name. (b) walnut instead of Beech. (c).. better rear sights.
The ones I looked at were well used, not abused, but showing their age.
Found a Zouave that has been in a collection for 15 years, oiled and cared for, with minimal use prior to that. I can fit a better, period style sight and still be $500 better off.
Nothing against the Enfields, just want a good shooter for the least amount of cash.
There's a nice '53 three band for sale on SSAA Gun Sales for $1495 (Australian dollars, no affiliation). Apologies to Editor if breaking the rules (just trying to help a fellow Australian out).

Pete

Sale.jpg

Last edited:
Went to PA (Shootout at Pioneer Flats with the Black Powder Maniac) and dryballed. Also did a little shooting. Rain kept a lot of people away yesterday, but those who were there were a heck of a fun group to shoot with.

It was a pleasure finally meeting you Quin, and I had a great time at the shoot! Glad you didn’t post the two flash in the pans I had before my rifle actually fired :ghostly:

Guess who won the pound of Swiss 3f you donated to the raffle? My lucky day today!

Also met another member from your club back in SC - Mulebrain - and had a nice conversation with him and his son Jeremy. Got me thinking I’m going to have to come out to your club when you have one of your big shoots!

The members of Brushy Creek are a nice group who put on a safe, fun, and well-run shoot and I thank Sammie and everyone else who made me feel welcome!
I missed it again this year. I had full plans to go this year even though I had to go alone. I had to put my truck in the shop earlier in the week. They were supposed to have it done in one day. They didn't finish until late Friday afternoon. That put me behind at work so I was not able to go to the shoot.
It's always something! Looks like y'all had a good time

I was hoping to go up to the block for four or five days mooching through the scrub, but didn't anticipate the crowds the station manager's kids would invite up for the holidays! While it's a large piece of terrain, I thought it best to play safe: I didn't want to become an unintended backstop for a stray projectile. Nonetheless, I got to the range today with the two band Parker Hale Enfield to get it performing again. I got lazy last outing and used some rub on Wonderlube on the minies with the result being less than wonderful. So back to the good old 80/20 beeswax and lard, dip lubed, excess remove with my little funnel device - lovely. This target of nine shots was benched in a stiff breeze left to right, at 50 metres with sights as issued, 45gns of FFFG Wano, 45gns of semolina over the powder and a 510 grain Lee Minie.

Oh, where was the tenth shot? A buddy turned up and I couldn't resist letting him have a crack. He landed his minie just over the top of the target above 12 o'clock. His grin was my reward!

Pete

IMG_7439.JPG

Muzzleloader deer season isn’t open here yet and it’s still too hot to squirrel hunt for me. So, I just shot some cardboard boxes with the Fusil de Chasse. Oops! I meant to say .60 caliber flintlock smooth bore.

0C667912-116D-4998-9C8C-16B9C408BEDE.jpeg
985776FC-ECC4-4BA5-8261-87DF9CE79E1E.jpeg

I finished up a trade knife sheath today for a trade knife I finished last week. This sheath has a flap on the front that slides over your belt or sash to keep the knife and sheath from dropping through so it isn't easily lost. Your belt tension around your waist keeps it all comfortably in place. The sheath has a rawhide liner so the blade can never cut through.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• trade knife sheath.JPG
    trade knife sheath.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I received 2 packages today for the TC New Englander 12 guage I bought from steg49, package #1 is a .54 caliber barrel for New Englander,no sights on barrel but it has a scope mount,I think I'll cheat and put Fiber optic sights on barrel the eyes just aint what they used to be,package #2 is 12 guage wads,cards, a .530 mold and a Lee REAL .54 cal 380 grain mold, I just need to fire up lead pot this evening and make some bullets and balls.
I've got a few scopes stashed,I may just mount a 4X on it and use that to find loads it likes while I'm deciding what sights I want to install.

I have bunch of pigeons crapping all over everything in barn, I think that thinning them out be good practice with shotgun barrel,I'm really excited to try out shotgun barrel,I've never shot or even been around a smoothbore muzzle loader, hopefully I can figure out decent load fairly quick.

Back