• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a Traditions Kentuckyish pistol kit.

Never built one before.

Nose cap to be round filed.

Then to make it not look like a Kentuckyish pistol.

Wooden under rib and pinned pipes perhaps.

Raining here today so I started making some little gifts for friends out of leftover stuff I had sitting around the shop...

image0.jpeg

It’s still too hot and too dry here to safely do any shooting. Got some rain 2 days ago, but only 1/4”, not enough to reduce the fire hazard. So yesterday I started on the Walnut .36 SMR. Got the butt plate and trigger guard cleaned up and the trigger guard pinned. Took a little wood removal to seat the trigger guard and the breech. I’ll probably go a head and get the barrel pins done, but not much more cause I’m going to head home Friday. I plan to add a toe plate to this one and all the metal will be rust browned. Low to mid 90’s are forecast for another 7 days. Need a cold front and more rain.

Attachments

• IMG_2692.jpeg
    IMG_2692.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2694.jpeg
    IMG_2694.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I took my left-over Lee Precision little melting pot (just the little metal pot that they used to sell) out of the bag, put in a mix of Bore Butter and Beeswax. I carefully melted it on the stove, then dipped in all the cartridges I made over the past few days and some that I had from about a year ago. .31 conical, .36 conical and ball, and .44 Johnston & Dow.

I'm set for a while now but I still cut out some more papers for .36 cartridges to make later.

The Doc is out now. 😎

Went to Walmart and bought small game and deer licenses will be out after squirrels soon. Where I go hunting the paper said yesterday some guys were after squirrels..one guy shot another in the neck (said he thought he saw a squirrel) Cops said guy was walking around and talking so they think he'll recover okay. Had to get a interpreter to understand them(Hmong). When I'm out there I'm always on alert with my flinter cuz it can get crowded sometimes. (Public hunting ground) About 90% or more land in Wisconsin is privately owned.

I put a .54 caliber barrel on my new TC New Englander,and shot around 10 shots to get Zeroed fairly close,I bought barrel with scope mount mounted and no sights so I slapped a old 4X scope on, I have to say it just isn't right seeing a scope on hero_O I need to find a set of sights to mount on .54 barrel.

I've wanted something bigger then then .50 cal for years,and I've wanted a single shot Muzzle loading shotgun for years,the New Englander 12 guage and .54 barrel both just kind of came up at right time at great prices so now I'll have to find something else I want LOL probably a Kibler Fowler for wife,she's loving her Pedersoli .45 Kentucky I gave her few months ago, Wife heard me shoot once and out of barn she came went in house and had her rifle,shooting bag,and little powder horn out and loading her gun before I was loaded up for second shot 😁

Over the summer I found this early 19th century butter knife at a flea market. The round end was buggered up. I did a little file work reshaping the blade and some sand paper work to the blade. I think this will make a dandy little knife to attach to my shooting pouch strap. It should take a really nice edge.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• patch knife.JPG
    patch knife.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back