• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gave up working on the whatzit rifle for today and went grouse hunting instead. it was great so far. 2 more and i am limited for the day.
square load 60/60 with 1/4 felt and 3 cardboard cards.
20230922_112411.jpg
20230922_112346.jpg

I bet you’ll fix it better than new @deerstalkert!
I just wish i had gotten it new! it was a butchered project when i got it and just seems to resist resurrection. if it didn't shoot so well i would part it out. and it is the only small bore i have at .30 cal.
reality is i can't stand failing once i start something. of course there is different levels of success!:ghostly:

I've ordered from Grafs multiple times, not once have I had to sign for powder...
I asked the driver about that when he showed up today with my Graf's black powder order, and it turns out it was for age verification, not proof of delivery, so I suspect it's a state thing, not a shipper thing. I get carded for percussion caps bought "off the shelf" at my local Scheel's, so I suppose state law requires a minimum age for black powder purchases, too.

TC New Englander shotgun arrived today,packed very well.I do believe she is unfired.I want to give a huge thank you to steg49 gun is exactly as described few very small dings in wood from safe. Metal looks perfect at first quick glance,I knew I got a good deal but didn't realize how good until I did little price shopping online.

Thank You again steg49 😀

Attachments

• KIMG0638.JPG
    KIMG0638.JPG
    658.2 KB · Views: 0
worked some more on the stock from my nightmares. gave it a rest and worked on a flintlock pistol i have ignored for close to two years.
tried to take the plug out and ended up destroying the leather jaws in one of my vises. gave up before i started saying things the boss doesn't like and went back out harassing grouse. limited out and spotted a couple more for next safari. it was a good day.
20230922_160026.jpg

I bought a Replica Arms 45 flintlock rifle from my part time employer, the owner of my local gun shop. The rifle appears to be an old, poorly done kit. The bore was dirty but not rusty. I bought for the parts value, and at $25.00, I don't think I could go wrong.
Built a Replica Arms 45 p in 1974. Pure junk. Jag got stuck in breech and never did get it out. Check everything very carefully.

I bought a Replica Arms 45 flintlock rifle from my part time employer, the owner of my local gun shop. The rifle appears to be an old, poorly done kit. The bore was dirty but not rusty. I bought for the parts value, and at $25.00, I don't think I could go wrong.
Pictures man, pictures

Back