• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a new ramrod for my trade gun. I gave it a tapered tip to fit a coil worm:

BAD18E13-4928-4BAB-8F37-B000EA6C5649.jpeg

7BD0F29A-A4C0-4136-9AF3-CFFBFFED705A.jpeg

I went to the range today and I’m thinking I finally getting this little smooth bore figured out ,finally.For me it’s been a long road of trying different wads and powder measures,even tried shot cups.But it has all payed off for me and I finally went home with a big grin on my face..
what load combo did you settle on @WALT53 ?

Got to the range, wife was mopping the kitchen floor. The 100 yd target turned out to be a leaverite. The blind squirrel did get 10 shots in the black with 3 slightly close to the bull but nothing worthy of bragging about. After shooting that 25 yard target I was all smiles till I hit the fifty.

Attachments

• 20230609_150836.jpg
    20230609_150836.jpg
    931.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230609_151228.jpg
    20230609_151228.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Got to the range, wife was mopping the kitchen floor. The 100 yd target turned out to be a leaverite. The blind squirrel did get 10 shots in the black with 3 slightly close to the bull but nothing worthy of bragging about. After shooting that 25 yard target I was all smiles till I hit the fifty.
Not too terrible... what were you shooting?

Well cleaned my gun today after going to the range yesterday and used my homemade breach scraper,what a difference in cleaning it took way less patches and cleaned up faster than usual and I mean clean no crude
or black on patches .So I still got a grin on my face,things are finally starting to go my way for a change.😁

Finished cleaning up a TC .45 Hawken tonight. I scraped off the old finish, dyed the stock darker, cleaned the pitting off of the barrel, polished the brass, disassembled lock and triggers and cleaned and lubricated them, and cut the curled piece behind the triggers and polished off the stub. Now to go out and shoot it!

It’s the dark stocked rifle 2nd from the left. I need to find a place to put these new rifles - safes are full:dunno:
View attachment 226845View attachment 226846

Couple of better picsIMG_1170.jpegIMG_1169.jpeg

Got about a half a bushel basket of spanish moss for wadding in the Toyota.
Was going to go shoot this afternoon but I had gotten too hot/dehydrated early on today when bush hogging and spraying earlier today. Not a good/safe combo.

Oh man!! Lucky! I've got over 30 deer and Elk skins tanned and a few that I brain tanned. For a retired guy I got no extra time to sew.
You are lucky to have a nice assortment of deer and elk. It’s hard to find good quality deer or elk hides. I’ve had some that were real raggedy and some that are really nice. I normally get elk from American Elk and Deer in Colorado. I like to stitch rifle sheaths on a machine just because it takes so long to saddle stitch! I sew them inside out and double stitch them and they are very strong.

Latest posts

Back