• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Range day today, shooting the Enfield and 1862 Richmond this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-110314_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608-110314_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-171753_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608-171753_Gallery.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 0
Wonderful! Send your loads, targets and ranges in when you get done. Have a great shoot.

Pete
I was trying 4 different minies today. Looking for one I could shoot in both. Shooting at 25 yards today with different grains of powder, different minies. Target wasn't much to look at with a few flyers and and few closer to center.

Been struggling making a walnut stock for the 8 g shotgun, £126 for at auction with a badly cracked stock. Kind of getting there
It never occurred to me to use a metal file on wood until I watched Jim Kibler do it in his videos. It makes a big difference.

I can’t imagine why the stock was cracked on an 8 gauge shotgun. 😳

Range day today, shooting the Enfield and 1862 Richmond this morning.
I went to the range today and I’m thinking I finally getting this little smooth bore figured out ,finally.For me it’s been a long road of trying different wads and powder measures,even tried shot cups.But it has all payed off for me and I finally went home with a big grin on my face..

I’d found that the ball starter I’ve had for 30+ years and had always worked fine for my 50 cal TC Hawken was just a little too big for the 40 cal SMR. The tip has a lip on it that catches in the patch as it wraps around it and gets a bit hung up in it.

Got busy after work today and knocked out a simple one with just a longish piece that was left over from the SMR ramrod.

Ya know…. It’s been a lonnnnng time since I cut some antler on a bandsaw. I’d forgotten just how bad that smells!
Yeeck!

The basement is hard to be in right now…

IMG_4035.jpeg

I’d found that the ball starter I’ve had for 30+ years and had always worked fine for my 50 cal TC Hawken was just a little too big for the 40 cal SMR. The tip has a lip on it that catches in the patch as it wraps around it and gets a bit hung up in it.

Got busy after work today and knocked out a simple one with just a longish piece that was left over from the SMR ramrod.

Ya know…. It’s been a lonnnnng time since I cut some antler on a bandsaw. I’d forgotten just how bad that smells!
Yeeck!

The basement is hard to be in right now…

View attachment 226836
Yep kinda rank stuff.

Finished cleaning up a TC .45 Hawken tonight. I scraped off the old finish, dyed the stock darker, cleaned the pitting off of the barrel, polished the brass, disassembled lock and triggers and cleaned and lubricated them, and cut the curled piece behind the triggers and polished off the stub. Now to go out and shoot it!

It’s the dark stocked rifle 2nd from the left. I need to find a place to put these new rifles - safes are full:dunno:
IMG_1166.jpegIMG_1165.jpeg

Latest posts

Back