• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife also cut my hair , I gave in for peace and quiet. I have been married 54 years today.

Bonsoir Gordoncourtney,
Bon anniversaire de mariage. J'ai quatre ans de retard sur toi (50 ans le 10 mars dernier) et c'est peut-être pour ça que ma femme n'a pas fait comme Dalila.... :D
Toutes mes amitiés.
Erwan.

Good evening Gordoncourtney,
Happy wedding anniversary. I'm four years behind you (50 years on 10 of March) and maybe that's why my wife didn't do what Delilah did.... :D
All my best wishes.
Erwan.

Last edited:
bought all the parts and pieces to build two flintlock pistols! thanks for the help Redmoon!
this time i will start with a blank piece of wood. dug out my wood blanks and roughed out 3. two came from the same plank sisde by side so are mirrors.
also made a turnscrew for the Jaw screw on the Tennessee Classic.
something like this.
1647470153129.png

Attachments

• 20220316_203418.jpg
    20220316_203418.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I used my new 1955 eBay engraver to make a foresight for my unmentionable 577-450 martinis Bit fiddly The brass was a tiny bit narrow so used a bit of epoxy I’ll make another in time that’s perfect My wife also cut my hair , I gave in for peace and quiet. I have been married 54 years today. As Mandela said “ life has been a struggle “. Er I mean married life my head is now cold The rain in London is tumbling down and it’s cold such is life in this green and pleasant land
I loved being in England and Scotland 59 years ago. It is a green and pleasant land, but too much rain and fog in London. Enjoyed being there nonetheless Dale

Bonsoir Gordoncourtney,
Bon anniversaire de mariage. J'ai quatre ans de retard sur toi (50 ans le 10 mars dernier) et c'est peut-être pour ça que ma femme n'a pas fait comme Dalila.... :D
Toutes mes amitiés.
Erwan.

Good evening Gordoncourtney,
Happy wedding anniversary. I'm four years behind you (50 years on 10 of March) and maybe that's why my wife didn't do what Delilah did.... :D
All my best wishes.
Erwan.
Hello Erwan it’s a sunny day ,great to hear from you and many thanks for your kind words. It’s a sunny day The last four years were the worst. Ha h ha my heads still cold everywhere is covered in a fine brown dust I guess blown from Ukraine be in touch on more interesting matters. Love from joan and me

Attachments

• 09507435-C22E-4604-9BF6-0DEF8F95B92B.jpeg
    09507435-C22E-4604-9BF6-0DEF8F95B92B.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 39
  • B86B646D-F0FB-421C-A139-13C3ABD9F9A3.jpeg
    B86B646D-F0FB-421C-A139-13C3ABD9F9A3.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
I used my new 1955 eBay engraver to make a foresight for my unmentionable 577-450 martinis Bit fiddly The brass was a tiny bit narrow so used a bit of epoxy I’ll make another in time that’s perfect My wife also cut my hair , I gave in for peace and quiet. I have been married 54 years today. As Mandela said “ life has been a struggle “. Er I mean married life my head is now cold The rain in London is tumbling down and it’s cold such is life in this green and pleasant land
I like the selfie.

My birthday was a few weeks ago. My wife ordered a coon skin cap. I guess she thinks I look like Daniel Boone with my flintlock rifle. It arrived yesterday.

Last week I finished my first attempt at making a powder horn. I planned to try scrimshawing the text and graphic, but my practice pieces turned out terrible. I wound up drawing everything. Benjamin Stephens was my 5th Great Grandfather and was a private in the Revolutionary War. My humble tribute to him.

Attachments

• 7365C573-DDA0-47AB-B132-2AFDE35820D3.jpeg
    7365C573-DDA0-47AB-B132-2AFDE35820D3.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 86BB2940-698A-4B52-8472-2C0044BC167F.jpeg
    86BB2940-698A-4B52-8472-2C0044BC167F.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 726B31E0-DC75-401B-9780-3025DF7ECDD7.jpeg
    726B31E0-DC75-401B-9780-3025DF7ECDD7.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 43
My birthday was a few weeks ago. My wife ordered a coon skin cap. I guess she thinks I look like Daniel Boone with my flintlock rifle. It arrived yesterday.

Last week I finished my first attempt at making a powder horn. I planned to try scrimshawing the text and graphic, but my practice pieces turned out terrible. I wound up drawing everything. Benjamin Stephens was my 5th Great Grandfather and was a private in the Revolutionary War. My humble tribute to him.
Nice job on the horn Bill. Great to have that historical piece tied in

Stopped at a small country trading post and bought 2 tins of # 10 percussion caps for $4.99 ea. They just got them in a while back.

I loved being in England and Scotland 59 years ago. It is a green and pleasant land, but too much rain and fog in London. Enjoyed being there nonetheless Dale
London and major cities now full of non Christian people London mainly black gentlemen you would not recognise if. It’s more Asian Moslem and the mayor of London from Pakistan he’s gets the Moslem vote And still they come across the channel

no pee soup fog theses days. And love the global warming less rain

Well, it wasn't today, it was last Tuesday. I took out my T/C Renegade I found at a small gun store put about 25 rounds downrange. My first smoke in nearly 40 years! The Renegade was spraying balls like a shotgun, however I think the patching material was to old and a bit rotten.
It was still FUN!

Yesterday went to a gun shop and bought my first flintlock iy a DGW poor boy mountain in 50 cal cleaned up very nice and has a good bore also got a Pietta 1858 44 cal target 7 !/2 inch barrel I always bought percussion and wanted to try a flint I will see how it goes I know I will have to learn to make it spark good so I can enjoy shooting

Back