• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli sxs barrel gap, filler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm no builder, but I figured you guys would know what to do. I just bought an older pedersoli and at the end of the barrels a piece of the filler fell out. All pedersoli sxs have this filler in the gap, some are prettier than others. It doesn't appear to be structural, only cosmetic. What can I use to fill this gap?

Attachments

• 20240509_213329.jpg
    20240509_213329.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 5
A piece of lead flattened to about .040” is layed over the end of the barrel then gently tapped into the gap. The lead will form to the gap and the excess will be cut off by the muzzles. I’ve done this a number of times and it stays in place. If you need a picture I can show you a couple of mine that has lasted many decades.

Back