• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I was there! Picked up a blank powder horn, a brass plate and a couple flints. Good show, wish I could have stayed longer. 2-1/2 hrs each way and I had to.park at the shopping center across the road. Gave my new knees a workout on the ice shoulder. Sidewalks seem like such a nice thing when you don't have them!View attachment 120128
View attachment 120129
View attachment 120130
View attachment 120131View attachment 120132
This looks like a fun day!!! I hope to make it to a show some time!!

Went to the 18h century market fair in Elizabethtown, KY put on by the Bucksnort Longhunters. Had a great time with friends and met some new ones. Bought a tent and some other items for the upcoming rendezvous.
Hey Flint, how long is this going on?

Prepping for St. Charles, Mo. gunshow this weekend to thin the herd. Have market covered for huge musket flints thanks to IMA's "by the pound" deal. Sorting out stuff that won't end up robbing a liquor store is somewhat of a problem at that show.

Duplicate molds, old unmentionable ammo, and the like need to go. Where/why some stuff came from ? Shrink wrapping's the key to moving my cache. Cheers.
Hello from Belleville!

Bought a nice powder horn, just so happens that it was full of black powder!(bonus). Picked up some nice flints and .490 round ball, cleaned my melting pot.

Went to the Lewisburg Artisan show in PA. Had a great time. Learned how much I don’t know. Good group of folks for sure. Picked up a nice possibles bag.
Is that an October Country bag? It looks exactly like the bag my Mrs gave me for Christmas. Beautiful bag! Lots of features on way more expensive bags.
Neil

Hey Neil, Thanks. It’s from The Leatherman. They are out of Carlisle PA. They have nice products imo. Now I have to fill it:)
Ive taken to making most of my own accoutrements. I'm starting a flint wallet today. This is a ball bag I made.
KIMG0201.JPG

I'm with you Solanko, I'm not fond of cleaning revolvers.. Shoot, I don't even really love cleaning up the rifles. To me it's just something that must be done. Not even the unmentionables. I guess I'm a little strange that way, love owning them, love shooting them, but don't like cleaning them so much.

Shot my Pedersoli Frontier percussion .50. Started out windy then went still for about 45 minutes and I took full advantage! This is about 75 yds off hand, amazing what my little rifle can do when there's no 50mph wind wreaking havoc. :)....still pulling to the right, that's mee and I need to fix that. It's an ongoing habit that keeps rearing its' ugly head.
50 grains Triple 7
.010 patch
.490 ball
photomania-a14b29bf8ad9f98bc153c5cf7464d21b.jpg photomania-0a2fe8f9cd5e9fa0c502583acb228afa.jpg

I cannot wait to shoot my flintlock version of this rifle when it arrives in the spring!

This looks like a fun day!!! I hope to make it to a show some time!!
I was there Saturday and Sunday, besides a stock blank I bought, I bought almost 400 bucks worth of gunbuilding parts. The all fit into a bag that I carried in my vest pockets. Stuff adds up. Great show, great conversation with all my friends there. Some I never met before. Allways a great show. It sure was nice that it was only 12 miles from home with the ugly weather Saturday.

Latest posts

Back