• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that right, problem is, there are way too many canucks with no kahunas, COJONES they just don’t give a rats backside or brainwashed into believing that people don’t require firearms at all.
Yeah, I figured that was the main problem...drowning in idiots lacking the will or the brains......Soon they will have taken away the means, then to paraphrase the great Hemingway: You are well and truly screwed.

Finished restoration on two Renegades sold the left handed gun to a friend.

Attachments

• 20230107_154619.jpg
    20230107_154619.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
shot again today. good consistency ringing steel at 30 yards. I really love the way my plate dances when you hit it with .50 cal roundball. I took two shots at the 6" plate that is @ 60 yards and hit solidly on the 2nd shot. My plates are hung on old dynamic climbing rope and they really fly about when you hit them solidly with a .50 cal.

I cast about 3 lbs of Lee minnies this morning. Bullets came out .580 diameter. These will be a snug fit in my Zoli Zouave. Mould says .578. Also did some more barrel inletting on my 58 colonial Kibler.

My front sight was too low I suspect as I was hitting 8" too high at 50 meters. that is using 80 gns of triple 7 and a .535 PRB.
Muzzle loading makes so much sense, I have a few , I also have a BP double rifle , 577-500 no2. Unmentionable ,brass cases of course had 8 so topped it up to 25, cost outrageous , 17 cases £118 . It even convinced a collector friend to move over to muzzle loading it makes so much sense.

Built a new rear site for my Chunk Gun. Now to put the notch in, brown, fire. Trying to get a better group.

I was re looking for the thread on .4 ML It’s gone ????? I have a double .35 ml But having lived in Africa I had to have a 450-400 double rifle for dangerous game. Got one. £5200 for my 70 th birthday , now 80 in March , well why not it’s a good investment But it’s a long way from a ML .4
Look at the length of the 400g bullet at 2250ft sec to get 4000 ft lbs and the long case full of nitro powder I doubt if you could get near that sort of energy with BP even if the barrel could stand it So maybe a .4 or .35 is just too light for bear or elk unless your shot placement is perfect ……just a comment as I love .4 double rifles. Plenty of stories on google and utube Of course I have a BP double .5 just bought some brass. 17 cases for £118 I already had 8 so that makes 25 for a days hunt , alas no bear or Elk in the uk just cows in farmers fields. Ha ha. Love from west of London

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
A guy brought a longrifle to me to remove his stuck ramrod from it's normal place under the barrel in the r/r pipes. Seems after he dry balled the rifle , he was so upset , he stuck the r/r in the thimbles , tip first , and shoved it home.
Brilliant!!!

Back