• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I shot my two band Enfield and found out that it doesn't like the minies that I casted. It more favors patched round balls but I still have work as it's tearing up the patches. I need to find some thin pure cotton patch material. I don't know for sure but I think that the patches shot yesterday were a blend of some synthetic material. Like the rifle but not the way it's shooting.

Ordered a new set of primitive style sights for my .32 pedersoli Kentucky. The factory ones are so coarse I don't know how they ever made it onto such a small bore gun..... Probably pretty good for deer though really. Big bold and easy to see there's just too much air in there and the front sight is almost as wide as the whole squirrel at 25 yards...

More bites of the elephant.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    864.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    517.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    611.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    830.1 KB · Views: 0
I unintentionally sent a dozen #11 RWS percussion caps through the washer and dryer in my in line capper. The green cake at the bottom is still in tact. I will report back with whether or not they will function after their journey.

took a very quick break from working on my kitchen and rang the steel 2 out of 3 shoits with the trapper. she has not had a real cleaning in at least two weeks. as soon as i finishmy last shot i reload but don't cap. put her in the shooting bag. when i get to the tiny house tonight I start the fire and wait for the bore butter to soften up a bit. last night Hugi the cats water was frze solid when i got home from work.. anyways i just run a buttered patch down to my loaded ball and then whipe down the rest of the pistol. seems to be shooting fine and not rusting. Hugi is getting seriously sick of living in 160 sq ft...
IMG_4436.jpg

Played around with some bone on my latest SMR build. I got the hunters star cheekpiece cut and inlayed. That was from a soup bone I stole from my dog. I also inlayed the toeplate. This was camel bone as I felt it was harder and better able to withstand a bump in the field. Both are being sketched for scrim tonight.
They say a bit of bone or horn for a little authentic touch on a SMR, so I took the plunge.

Made up some homemade bacon from a nice clean slab of pork belly. Did the dryrub method, sugar/salt/cure/pure Canadian maple syrup a week ago. Rinsed, rubed with Garlic Plus spice and Smoked yday with apple chips. Sliced today and cooked it up for breakfast. Wow!! It is awesome!
Finished cleanup after packaging in 1lb portions and vac sealed. 12 lb yield.
Walk

Back