• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walked past 500 CCI #11 caps hang on the wall at Wall-Mart good rpice on them also. Did not walk past the Un mentionable CCI Mini mags got 3 boxes and son got 3 boxes.

I left the caps for others as I have 10K plus caps and no long rifles that use them just the C&B revolvers I rarely shoot. I kept every used can [most still full and sealed] that my shop got at auctions in the junk boxes.

Found patch paper that works with my PP bullet. Wrapped this bullet is .450. It fits my new match grade Rice barrel (1:18 twist) perfectly. I’m inching closer to being able to shoot this thing.
924020F0-5D7C-43D1-BDE8-69C4F471FD52.jpeg

Since the previous thread was shut down (locked) by our new moderator, I thought I would start one up again, as per the suggestion.
So, let's get this thread going again, and share your muzzleloading related adventures of the day!
Made a new ram rod for my .40 cal Southern Mountain Rifle.

I bought a percussion cap kit a while back and punched out 100 or so aluminum cups from a couple of pop cans, then mixed up the ingredients. I made Charcoal from some peeled willow a week ago, mixed the proper proportions up and set it in the ball mill yesterday. In 18 or so hours, I'll check out my material to see how it's doing. Powder up here is outrageously expensive.

A couple owls woke me up around 5.a.m.,one hooting in a big fir tree by bedroom window. got up,made fresh coffee and toast.....just sat on my back deck and cleaned my .50 cal mountain pistol and Ruger old army.......what else does a 75 year old guy do at that time??
'course wife and dogs are all snoring !!!!

Finally got finished redoing my pistol, wasn't happy with the color and used some aniline dyes to go over it.
It's a .50 cal. smooth barrel kit that I built about 10 years ago, JP Beck.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0646.JPG
    IMG_0646.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0647.JPG
    IMG_0647.JPG