• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Is Your Favorite Breakfast?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

Just like snake-eyes said, but we wrap it all up in a big soft tortilla type shell or even between toast. I'm getting hungry[/quote]
BS,
That soft tortilla sounds great and would also
save on the dishes and untencils that would have to be
washed, which is always a consideration in camp. IMO
snake-eyes :thanks:

That soft tortilla sounds great and would also
save on the dishes and untencils that would have to be
washed, which is always a consideration in camp. IMO
snake-eyes :thanks:

:RO:That's why we do it, and it tastes good! Less dishes are good.

Not exactly "Heart Smart", but something I developed a taste for during my Army career. Peppery SOS over toast or fried potatoes - topped with two sunny-side up eggs and several generous dashes of Lusianne hot sauce. MMMMMmmmm.

Mike

fried taters with lotsa bacon. right before you take it off the fire, add momma's home canned tamaters and hot peppers. yum, yum, yum :results:

in to a dutch over add 1lb of baccon,1/2 of suasge, brown and remove,cook choped or shreded potatos with onion and pepers that have been choped up in the oven,when they are done add the meats back to the dutch over and pore over it say 8 or so eggs, when they are bout done add a big hand full or 2 of shredded cheder cheese when its melted remove and top with choise of salsa,in a nother dutch oven i cook up corn bread with 8oz of cream corn to make it less dry
addie

Huevos Rancheros with green chile and extra jalapenos on the side. Gift of the Gods, imo. :thumbsup:

The best breakie ever is a plateful of whichity grubs gently fried to a crispy golden brown with a dash of green ginger followed by a tall glass of iced coffee made with all milk and topped with real cream. YUM YUM!
Wedge

Hey, don't forget that favorite Southwest breakfast--Chorizo and Eggs. Here is one recipe:

Chorizo Con Huevos

8 eggs
2 tablespoon oil
1 pound homemade chorizo
1 white onion, chopped
2 serrano chilies, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
4 flour tortillas
1 avocado, mashed
1/2 cup fresh salsa

Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Fry the chorizo until browned. Drain off any excess oil. Add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, add the chilies. Beat the eggs until frothy and add to the chorizo. Stir with a fork as you would scrambled eggs. Fold the cilantro in just before the eggs set. Serve with flour tortillas, fresh salsa and mashed avocado. 4 servings.

Chorizo can also be purchased at the grocery store. A simple variation of the above that I make at Rondys, is to use about 1/3 Chorizo to 2/3 eggs. Heat up tortillas until soft, add Chorizo & Eggs and make into a taco. Add shreded cheese (Mexican cheese is a good option or use your favorite), top with sour cream, and eat with or without jalapenos, depending upon your tolerance. :eek:

Always a hit at my campsite.
:front:

TexiKan
------------------------
If you continue to do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got.

4 slices bacon, fried taters, eggs over easy fried in the bacon grease, dutch oven biscuits with homemade jelly , cowboy coffee and good company... :front:

oomcurt:

oh yeah!!! But when it is woods time, the choice is a sort-of-tamale-pie". Dehydrated refried beans reconstituted in a cornbread with a little cheese melted in. Cook it all in in a campers "oven" (there are traditional items that work too but I just like the "easire life".)LIFE Is GOOD!

BTW, the best juevos ranceros I ever had was in Ft. Collins, Co.!!!

BobW

The best breakie ever is a plateful of whichity grubs gently fried to a crispy golden brown with a dash of green ginger followed by a tall glass of iced coffee made with all milk and topped with real cream. YUM YUM

Just exactly What is a Whichity Grub?? :what:

Er....I think they are also called garden or land snails. Fry 'em up and they taste like popcorn. Don't fry 'em up and they tend to glom onto your tonsils..... :p

:what:
I believe I'll just have the popcorn. Only grub I've ever eaten was at the bottom of a mezcal bottle. And I don't recommend that for breakfast! :crackup:

Old-fashioned sour buckwheat cakes covered with sausage gravy
good home-fries with onions
two eggs over easy
a slice of scrapple with some maple syrup
black coffee

Half a pound of bacon fried in a cast iron skillet, 3-4 eggs fried over easy in the bacon fat and splashed with Tabasco, a lot of black coffee followed by a corn cob pipe loaded with english/virginia blend tobacco. :hatsoff:
graybeard

dutch oven layered with hash browns or tater tots, covered with corn beef hash with eggs on top

If I were going to be out in the woods all day I would do some pancakes and egg's 1 or 2 Bananna's depending on the size and a cup of coffie.But when I am in the city it is a bowl of corn flakes and 1 or 2 bananna's and evry so often I will stop at Donalds doughnuts and grab a jalapeno Kolatchie and another cup of coffie if I am feeling reley crazy.

Back