• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Is Your Favorite Breakfast?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will go with biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs over medium with tabasco :thumbsup: I also like hashbrowns smothered with chili, onions, and jalapenos. Usually everybody has their favorite, what is yours??

Had to throw in a late 1800's cook making "SlapJacks". Cast Iron and Steel, true wonders of the real non stick world.

JohntheCookbakingslapjacks.jpg

wondering that myself..but look at that Dutch Oven...there is a site with all the bisquites. :RO:

Chicken fried venison
Eggs
drop biscuits
coffee gravy
hash browns and onions
strong coffee
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup:

High Power,
Keep your tobasco. Other than that, I like your breakfast ideas. Cool picture.

[*]Sourdough flapjacks fried in bacon grease, with real maple syrup [*]Scrambled eggs and onions fried in bacon grease with Tobasco sauce on top [*]Bacon [*]Strong, black coffee

Cruzatte

I would have to say that the best breakfast by far is anything I didn't have to work too hard for!!! As in someone else was a cookin'.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

One pot of coffee
one pound bacon
3 eggs nicely cooked in butter
Hash browns with onions
Sourdough toast
Fresh juice
slice of watermelon
Homemade cinnamin rolls with buttermilk frosting

By the time I finish that up it's time for a nap

I eat that about 4 times a year, it's darn good! :results:

I call it a railroaders breakfast as i got it from my dad
who was a conductor for the old PRR then Penn-Central now
Con-Rail. He use to fry it up in the caboose(that little red car at the end of the train) back when..
No real recipe:
Fried diced taters to which you add cut up
bacon pieces, diced onion and diced green pepper.At the very end add a scrambled egg micture( do not over cook once
the eggs are added). I have also seen him add green onions,
pepperoni,ham, mushrooms whatever was at hand. Even saw him
use spam once.I always add lots of black pepper.This is a great before hunt meal as it stays with you. Enjoy
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

High Power,

It depends on the circumstances; Trekking on the plains - A square of hard tack, coffee or bohea tea, a little jerk and a hand full of dried fruit for dessert. Trekking in the higher elevations or colder temps - A slice of slab bacon, coffee, ash cakes and pemmican. Rondyvoo - Sausage, eggs and taters all fried up together and doused with chipotle sauce plus coffee and made from scratch dutch oven biscuits with homemade jam. When I'm on the road, I settle for a cup of coffee and a cigarette and miles under my belt.

...The Kansan...

If I had to have a last meal descision..it would only be with a lot of serious contemplation that I didn't choose country cured ham, grits, redeye gravy and 2 or 3 eggs sunny side up..clean things up with some cane syrup, butter and bisquits.

Ha, you nailed it! We just call it "Dad's breakfast scramble." It is the one pot (I use a steel wok) all time favorite.

Chaney surprise

1/2 lb bacon and a small diced onion fried in cast iron skillet

add one can of pork and beans and bring to a boil

add 4 eggs to the boiling mixture, add salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste and lower heat to a simmer.

enjoy after eggs are done. This stuff has kept me going all day long on all day hunts and will feed 2-3 people. It sounds strange :youcrazy: but is realy good

High power,

I got a weakness for fried apples, potatos and bacon with a a couple of over-medium eggs... and a pot or two of coffee.

smokeydays

Mr. Smokeydays,
Do you fry the bacon, add the apples and potatoes and cook until done; then serve with the eggs?
I'm not a big fan of apples but the wife is. Sounds like something she might like.
Best Wishes

WIndwalker,

I usually fry the bacon till it is about half done then I add the apples and potatoes and just stir them to keep everything from burning. The eggs I just cook on the lid of my dutch oven and throw them on top of the bacon/apple mix when it's done. Add some pepper and theres a good meal.

Smokeydays

I call it a railroaders breakfast as i got it from my dad
who was a conductor for the old PRR then Penn-Central now
Con-Rail. He use to fry it up in the caboose(that little red car at the end of the train) back when..
No real recipe:
Fried diced taters to which you add cut up
bacon pieces, diced onion and diced green pepper.At the very end add a scrambled egg micture( do not over cook once
the eggs are added). I have also seen him add green onions,
pepperoni,ham, mushrooms whatever was at hand. Even saw him
use spam once.I always add lots of black pepper.This is a great before hunt meal as it stays with you. Enjoy
snake-eyes :thumbsup:

Just like snake-eyes said, but we wrap it all up in a big soft tortilla type shell or even between toast. I'm getting hungry. :RO:

no-bs

Back