• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What do I have here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When that “till death do us part“ thing was originally implemented, the average life span was less than forty years……
that was a good thing! you didn't have to put up with each other for an extended period of time! now I know the rest of the story? thanking you for that explanation of it. makes perfect sence!

I talked to Mr. Shaver. He wasn't familiar with the gun but said there shouldn't be an accuracy problem, just don't let anybody stand to my right when I shoot. 😲 Pretty cool guy. I believe he told me he just shot the first muzzle loader 1000 yard perfect score. If that's not true I probably heard him wrong.

If you're going to shoot that rifle with .100" vent, you'd better buy some fg so all of your powder doesn't blow out of the vent when loading. fffg will trickle out of .070" and I would never shoot a flintlock with a vent larger than that.

just how many have you had? 2 for me!
One would think after one you would learn your lesson, I have been married for 46 years same boss, hope she out lives me. but if not, I would probably have another woman around just not married, give her a box not to big not to small, when she asks what's that you tell he all her stuff must fit in that box, her next question will be why, tell her that way when you come home one day, and your box is on the porch just pick it up and leave. Never give her a drawer or closet or house key they then become just like a stray cat and will not leave.

i've been married 56 years, how much more hard time do i have to put up with? :ghostly:
56 years, same here. I don't know if you get "used to putting up with it" or maybe just get "numbed to it"
1644593957779.png

Is the vent stepped, large on the outside and smaller inside??

IF it is as large as suspected then it really needs a liner. It is a milling machine job to move the hole.

There is a guy on youtube with one trying to get some answers too. (Pedersoli flintlock .45 cal mystery rifle) If y'all want to look it up. Apparently it's an early one made in the 70's or 80's.
The vent looks lined with stainless and the hole is smaller than the pic makes it look. About large paperclip size.
The standard breech is strange too. I like it though.
If the vent hole is that small it should be ok. Can you take a better pic from the side to we can see the placement of the vent?

That’s funny.
FF998EA3-E720-4F29-A8EC-FD2F3A89C0BF.png
Check this pic out. If I just drill this hole out and install a liner with a 1/16 hole do you think it will be high enough off the pan?

looks to me like you would be below the next flat with part of the new liner if you used that hole as your pilot hole.
if you are good with a drill press and got some diamond hole saws you could bring it back up using a 4mm saw. that would give you enough meat for threads and then some. 1/4 inch liner needs a 13/64th hole for good threads.
you probably would be money ahead to take it to a muzzleloader smith like Grenadier1758 suggested.
if you do it yourself it is a satisfying experience. but the chance of upscrewing is there. don't ask how i know.

I didn’t think about going past that land deerstalkert. Very good advice thank you
i just salvaged a Green Mountain barrel someone drilled the touch hole too close to the breech face and too low on the flat. was able to drill above and forward enough to get it right. take your time and you can do it with the right tools. don't try it free hand.

If you think the flash hole is located a little too close to the bottom of the pan, a simple solution is to remove the lock from the gun and use a Dremel (or other rotary tool) with an abrasive cylinder to grind away a bit of the pan floor and polish it. This is an efficient, quick fix that avoids having to monkey around with the flash hole itself. Good luck.

I just bought this pendersoli Kentucky from a member here. I was expecting a threaded vent liner and a patent breech but I get this. And the breech seems to be traditional/ standard. View attachment 120662
That’s funny.
View attachment 121287Check this pic out. If I just drill this hole out and install a liner with a 1/16 hole do you think it will be high enough off the pan?
Don't do anything to the rifle until you go shoot it several times, It may be okay, "Don't make a new lever b-1 until you find out that you can leaver her be."

Back