• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did I buy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a well done pistol. Kinda good lookin. I just wish that I could comfirm anything about it. I can not find anything on all the web sites that I have seen.

How about you call Stoeger in Maryland, which owns Uberti, and ask them?
It's a limited edition commemorative, but not a "custom run" because the engraving reads "One of 250" not "1 of 250" or "1/250", so the sequence of whether that was the very first or the 250th didn't matter.

Customer Service at (301) 283-6981 (option 1) or (800) 264-4962 (option 2), 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.

LD

... Trouble is I want to shoot it, and I know not to.
I think it looks OK in your second set of pictures. I'd shoot it. Guns are made to be shot. Not to hang on the wall*. Probably with a half load for the first few shots? But I don't have any experience with cap and ball. Yet. So my usual procedure with another old milsurp addition to my collection maybe doesn't translate.

* THIS gun CAN'T shoot. So it's hanging on the wall:

gew98.png

Last edited:
How about you call Stoeger in Maryland, which owns Uberti, and ask them?
It's a limited edition commemorative, but not a "custom run" because the engraving reads "One of 250" not "1 of 250" or "1/250", so the sequence of whether that was the very first or the 250th didn't matter.

Customer Service at (301) 283-6981 (option 1) or (800) 264-4962 (option 2), 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.

LD
Thank you so much for the info. I will be calling them.

View attachment 229079
I purchased what I thought was a great looking Dragoon by Uberti. Now that I have received it my questions grew. I have loved and worked with guns for close to 70 years. I need help to find out what I have. I have exhausted every source that I have, so I am hoping that some one can tell me what this really is. It is engraved with 70% coverage, it says Uberti on the top flat where Colts address would normally be. It is a 3rd model, it says "one of 250" it has a mirror finish beyond anything that I have ever seen. I am trying to put a picture on this in hopes someone can tell me what I really have. It has never been shot, but it is tempting me daily to load it up and see just what it can do.
Probably one of the many commemoratives that some marketers sold; American Historical Society, etc. It may have had a case & accessories but got 'separtated'. Let us know what you find out. I have a beautiful 1860 Army "Gettysburg" commemorative that is separated from it's case, etc. Good photo, BTW. Good luck.

It could also be a 150th Civil War commemorative. Union as indicated by the US on the side.
All the civil war commemoratives I have seen have been marked as to what the pistol is commemorating w/wo dates. I have an 1860 Army commemorative that commemorates the battle of Gettysburg and is marked Gettysburg with the dates on the barrel. The OP's pistol doesn't have anything on it referencing the bicentennial but with the US and emblem engraved on it the only thing that comes to mind is the bicentennial.

Last edited:
AND THEN PLEASE if they can fill you in, fill us in, as it's a mystery gun, and IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZAAAY not knowing....🤪

LD
Hi Dave, It is a mystery for sure. I have searched every site that I could find. The person that I bought it from had no idea. It says Uberti U.S.A. Lakeville Ct. where Colt normally has their address. You would think that if there was 250 of them you could find something, but as of now I have no idea. I will post it as soon as I feel that I have the correct information. Thank you for you interest and pushing me to keep searching.

All the civil war commemoratives I have seen have been marked as to what the pistol is commemorating w/wo dates. I have an 1860 Army commemorative that commemorates the battle of Gettysburg and is marked Gettysburg with the dates on the barrel. The OP's pistol doesn't have anything on it referencing the bicentennial but with the US and emblem engraved on it the only thing that comes to mind is the bicentennial.
Thank you. That will give me one more way to look for it. As soon as I can confirm what it is I will post it. Thanks again

Back