• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did I buy?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
download.png

I purchased what I thought was a great looking Dragoon by Uberti. Now that I have received it my questions grew. I have loved and worked with guns for close to 70 years. I need help to find out what I have. I have exhausted every source that I have, so I am hoping that some one can tell me what this really is. It is engraved with 70% coverage, it says Uberti on the top flat where Colts address would normally be. It is a 3rd model, it says "one of 250" it has a mirror finish beyond anything that I have ever seen. I am trying to put a picture on this in hopes someone can tell me what I really have. It has never been shot, but it is tempting me daily to load it up and see just what it can do.

No idea what it is but it is pretty. Looking closely at the picture it appears the cylinder to barrel gap is cocked upward a bit with a small gap at bottom of the barrel-cylinder mating point. It is amazing what one can see in good photos these days.

I know sometimes "Specials" are ran limited runs are done That is what I think you got a limited offer engraved Walker and YES I agree with Kansas Jake Looking closely at the picture it appears the cylinder to barrel gap is cocked upward a bit with a small gap at bottom of the barrel-cylinder mating point.

The picture that I first used was from an auction and it has the Colt address on top. The one I purchased says Uberti USA. The left side of the barrel is "E PLURIBUS UNUM" There are no proof marks anywhere. Almost like it was to be a Colt. I can't find one anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Is there a date code ? Bottom of the frame / forward of the trigger guard?
It may be a bicentennial commemorative.

Mike

Sorry Hawk54, I'm a slow typer!!

Is there a date code ? Bottom of the frame / forward of the trigger guard?
It may be a bicentennial commemorative.

Mike

Sorry Hawk54, I'm a slow typer!!
Bicentennial commemorative. I was thinking the same thing. A date of around 1976 might indicate that.

Certainly does look like some kind of "commemorative" revolver and for show only with that terrible cant to the cylinder arbor.

The cant can be fixed with some careful removal of metal and checking for a short or long arbor. I’m not sure I would attempt it personally if it were mine. If it was going to be a shooter I would, as a wall hanger probably not.

The picture that I first used was from an auction and it has the Colt address on top. The one I purchased says Uberti USA. The left side of the barrel is "E PLURIBUS UNUM" There are no proof marks anywhere. Almost like it was to be a Colt. I can't find one anywhere.
That sure is a mighty fancy shooting iron you have there. Even the screw heads are decked out.

Thank you for your help. I own a lot of guns. Black powder and cartridge. I think that this is the most beautiful gun that I own. Thank you for taking the time to help me. You have a new friend in Oregon.

Back