• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are your favorite targets?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been getting into shooting at wasps with salt, but other than that, any water container full to the brim makes it pretty big boom when you hit it. You could even add those orange target stickers if you wanted to be a little more accurate, I usually put a drop of orange spray paint as the center. A drop or two of food coloring in the water makes it more fun as well, for some reason, blue looks really cool when it "explodes".

Old hanging pieces of metal that swing around and ring when struck work great too, and at muzzleloading velocities, at the metal doesn't need to be very expensive or thick.

I've been getting into shooting at wasps with salt, but other than that, any water container full to the brim makes it pretty big boom when you hit it. You could even add those orange target stickers if you wanted to be a little more accurate, I usually put a drop of orange spray paint as the center. A drop or two of food coloring in the water makes it more fun as well, for some reason, blue looks really cool when it "explodes".

Old hanging pieces of metal that swing around and ring when struck work great too, and at muzzleloading velocities, at the metal doesn't need to be very expensive or thick.
When I was 15, I took one of my mom's cast iron skillets and used it as a target for my first muzzleloader. I hung the skillet from a post and shot it several times until she caught me. I got yelled at. The skillet had no real damage from my 32 caliber balls. My gun was confiscated for about a week. Mom would never use that skillet again and I had to swear that from then on I would ask before taking any of my parents' stuff to use as targets.

I'm slowly working on building my own shooting range and I'm needing some inspiration. What are your favorite targets to shoot at while on the woods walk or other shooting range? I'm a farmer and I have access to a decent amount of junk steel laying around, so materials shouldn't be a problem. I'm decent with a torch and a welder so anything is on the table- knock down targets, swinging targets, slot shots, anything. Thanks in advance!
squirrels

I haven’t read all the responses so maybe someone has already said this - anything that can’t shoot back.

Great targets ....this is the only small one ive ever saw . I dont remember where I picked it up ....dandy targets . Sound great when hit .

Attachments

• IMG_20230922_182759.jpg
    IMG_20230922_182759.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Back