• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Weekend hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did not bag anything on Friday but had a great walk.

This morning was better with the dogs bolting rabbits, second shot connected.

Recently in smoothbore department I asked about power of powders as I have been struggling with penertration.
Well this weekend I have been adding more powder, in the region of 25% and of course more shot and sure enough getting the desired effect!

B.

So true :thumbsup:
Walked with a contemporary modern thing of a gun today! That was a mistake!! Missed everything, no smoke, vial crack of a noise, picking bits of plastic up, did I mention no smoke? :td:

B.

Sadly my old dog is now to old to join me in the woods any more. He's the last of the pack, there was four of them, his mother Damson, him Black Dog, his brother Ragnar, and his sister Whisper all out of the same litter, all shorter legged black and tan terriers. Bred them myself, I watched them all being born and I was there when his mother brother and sister were all put down by my Vet. When the time comes to loose him it's going to be tough. I've had dogs and terriers all my life, but I honestly don't feel I will ever be able to keep another when he's gone. The five of us together were one pack me included, we were known as The Bow River Black and Tans, after a small river that runs through where we live. We've not only hunted and Ratted together, but when I've been working away from home in the woods they've often all come with me and we've slept and lived in the woods for up a week at a time. Wonderful memories.

Dick,
I feel for you. It's very hard to lose an old friend like that. Sadly, the circle of life is always turning. What was once young will someday be old, ourselves included. My philosophy is to enjoy each day I get. Hang in there pard.

Jeff

Poor Black dog, great characters.
Feel for you friend.
Old Tia is aging fast too.
She has some hunt still in her but I don't push her anymore.
Once a week and just up the lane.

Nice photo Dick.

B

It's a shame when they get old and arthritic (like me). My Boykin is 10 now and has as many white hairs as I do .. almost.

A stray Jack Russel came up 2 weeks ago (everyone dumps their unwanted dogs at my place) and I couldn't find an owner. However, she bit Nyssa and tried to displace her. The local pound has her now. :nono:

Back