• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanting percussion CVA single shot ideas and pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First use jeweler files to clean the edges and put a tiny amount of draft to make the inletting easier. Be sure to bend them off the stock till they match the contour where they will set before in letting.

Yeah Phil thanks. I learned to cut the wood first with my exacto knife. That give a good outline. Take my time.

Eutycus I ordered that trigger a few minutes ago. Will have to fit it and drill and tap 2 holes. One for tang screw and the other for trigger guard. May need other adjustments but I think this will be my answer.
DL

The one depicted in the picture comes with no holes? Or the threads need to be tapped to resize them?

Pretty sure they come with out tapped holes. Not a real big deal. Got a drill press? Could do it with a hand drill, better on drill press. Got the old trigger as a pattern. You can get a metric tap set at Ace Harware. I worked on Japanese machines for last 22 years. I got metric tools.
DL

I've always usually just made minor repairs and filled voids with good old JBWeld.The old original dark gray epoxy. Is there a way or "trick" to staining or coloring it to match the wood work?

Eutycus
Here is a some pictures of the trigger I ordered. Yes there is no holes and it is too wide and too long. Must be fitted. As a bonus here are pics of my iron right now as of today.
IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG

My next couple projects starting to take shape.
The first a percussion Kentucky 45.
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG

The next a flintlock Euroarms 44 Kentuckian.
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0662.JPG

Eutycus
The flinter is gonna be where I plan to use the higher fulcrum trigger . My current project is ready for the range . Just need balls and patches .
IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG

Eutycus
If you go to CASBOOLITS.GUNLOADS.COM then FORUMS then GUNS & SHOOTING then MUZZLELOADER. There is a sticky called "my fix for a bad trigger on CVA pistol". The original pictures are gone, thanks to Photobucket, but there are a few pictures, the ones I posted, that show what's going on. The discussions are pretty good . Basically the same as I will do with the L&R trigger I will put in my flintlock Kentucky . I may just do the fix here on my project pistol . Haven't even shot it yet and already modifying it . Hell that's what it is there for. To practice on and to learn from . Always looking to improve.
DL

Last edited:
It's in the mail , I just paid the guy yesterday for it.

Front sight is backward but if it's a 3/8 dovetail I have a steel blade I want to put in

Attachments

• thumb_free.jpg
    thumb_free.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 76
Stan86
If it's not 3\8 all you need is few minutes and a vise and a triangle safe cut file from Brownells and you make it 3\8.
DL

I'll have to see what I get when it arrives , some of these guns have a wierd. 350 dovetail.

If I really love the gun and it works well, I'll probably file out the dovetail unless I can live with the factory sight.

I'm looking for something I can use in semi local matches and make sure I'm within all the rules, plus I'm trying to spark interest in muzzleloading matches at my local gun club .

Unless it has been ‘upgraded’ somewhere along the way I’d just about guarantee it has the standard .360 European dovetail.

Back