• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED CLOSED CVA Frontier newly finished and never fired .50 percussion. price reduced

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought this in the "white" here as something to do. finished it as far as i want so now i will offer it .
stock is Maple stained with aqua fortis to bring out highlights, then over stained with Laurel Mountain forge cherry. gives a pleasant warm red tone i think. could be wrong, have been a lot lately.
put a christey's gold bead front sight on.
the barrel is still in the white. let it patina or if wanted i will Cold blue, Brown, or gray the barrel for additional 25.00.
filled in some aggressive over inletting around the lock. the lock is one of cva's good ones with leaf spring and bridle.
replaced all the screws that came with the stock as most were those tiny eye lash size with soft metal that instantly strips the slot first go round.
trigger inlet was excessive and the sear wouldn't set so I built up under the trigger plate. now it works perfect.
It is unfired and the barrel is in the white.
anyway I want 350.00 shipped for it. PPFF, personal check, maybe trade for parts, or stock blank. i am easy.
would keep it but the bride says 2 guns in every corner is too many!

Attachments

• 20240310_214122.jpg
    20240310_214122.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240310_221255.jpg
    20240310_221255.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122500.jpg
    20240312_122500.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122511.jpg
    20240312_122511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122516.jpg
    20240312_122516.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122519.jpg
    20240312_122519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122628.jpg
    20240312_122628.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240312_122704.jpg
    20240312_122704.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240313_105811.jpg
    20240313_105811.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Right after they get my go fund me for a "real" shotgun we need to start one for your SWMBO, counting so she will get over her corner phobia's.

VERY GOOD DEAL here guys. I'm buying a .56 from Flintsmoothie and can't (am scared to) get another. Last time I pulled that and bought two in one week the probation was long and cold).

Last edited:
Right after they get my go fund me for a "real" shotgun we need to start one for your SWMBO so she will get over her corner phobia's.

VERY GOOD DEAL here guys. I'm buying a .56 from Flintsmoothie and can't (am scared to) get another. Last time I pulled that and bought two in one week the probation was long and cold).
layaway's are possible! :D

Looks to be a very nice job to this 'low brow', deerstalkert. Simple functionality with a few poor man flairs. I especially like the way the "in the white" is already headed. Quite handsome and a fair price for a CVA that you have given some stature to. I hope you get it sold. SW

bump to top.
I will gift this gun to a youngster just starting. give me the particulars of why the youngster is deserving is all i ask.
can't take them with me and if i can start a new enthusiast what better legacy.
I recently started dating a army veteran, as a retired, marine sergeant I vowed I would never date female army veterans, especially motor t people.,

As a guy that spent all his times and combat arms, it seem like the trucks are always breaking down. Make a long story short I’m dating her I’m to marry he

Her son, Mitchell, who is 17 had a bad luck of having a terrible biological father, who never took him hunting

Thankfully, his grandfather loves guns, introduce them to hunting, and Mitchell’s quite a shot

On a Windy cold four day heritage season here in West Virginia. Me and Mitchell went squirrel hunting with our modern shotguns. It was cold it was wet we covered mini miles and only got four squirrels.
Let me rephrase that he shot four squirrels with a 410 over under but he never complained when we got back to a Hunt stand where we can get some heat has some tea and bread. I realize his feet were wet

I said, why didn’t you tell me we could’ve stopped and changed out socks and I could’ve showed you an old Marine Corps trick

He replied this is the first time in a long time a man of your age has taken me out hunting. You don’t criticize you don’t be right you encouraged me and the only reason I’m out here is because you treat me like an equal.

From the time he could remember to about two years ago, his biological dad, verbally and physically abused him

After the divorce Mitchell pretty much stayed in his room attending online high school and really didn’t want to be around anybody and the sixth of months I’ve been around him he’s blossoms he’s fixing up an old dune buggy. We work on an old four-wheel-drive station wagon I forget that the brand it’s that one that that Australian guy does that add four years ago

Long story short, I feel like I just offered the hand of friendship in the gift of brotherhood and this young man greeted me every time I come over let’s go hunting. If you have time, I made you a ham sandwich and a big cup of coffee.

There may be some more deserving, but if he got this wonderful, looking firelock, he would have the biggest smile on his face

I spent most of my life alone going to war coming home to a country that I just don’t get but it’s not about me it’s about him and I have have to say people worry about the younger generation if they’re like Mitchell we’re OK

Your most humble servant

Charles balding
Sgt. United States, Marine Corps.

Colonial reenactor
Rutherford’s Rangers
Fort Edward Capon Bridge, West Virginia

I recently started dating a army veteran, as a retired, marine sergeant I vowed I would never date female army veterans, especially motor t people.,

As a guy that spent all his times and combat arms, it seem like the trucks are always breaking down. Make a long story short I’m dating her I’m to marry he

Her son, Mitchell, who is 17 had a bad luck of having a terrible biological father, who never took him hunting

Thankfully, his grandfather loves guns, introduce them to hunting, and Mitchell’s quite a shot

On a Windy cold four day heritage season here in West Virginia. Me and Mitchell went squirrel hunting with our modern shotguns. It was cold it was wet we covered mini miles and only got four squirrels.
Let me rephrase that he shot four squirrels with a 410 over under but he never complained when we got back to a Hunt stand where we can get some heat has some tea and bread. I realize his feet were wet

I said, why didn’t you tell me we could’ve stopped and changed out socks and I could’ve showed you an old Marine Corps trick

He replied this is the first time in a long time a man of your age has taken me out hunting. You don’t criticize you don’t be right you encouraged me and the only reason I’m out here is because you treat me like an equal.

From the time he could remember to about two years ago, his biological dad, verbally and physically abused him

After the divorce Mitchell pretty much stayed in his room attending online high school and really didn’t want to be around anybody and the sixth of months I’ve been around him he’s blossoms he’s fixing up an old dune buggy. We work on an old four-wheel-drive station wagon I forget that the brand it’s that one that that Australian guy does that add four years ago

Long story short, I feel like I just offered the hand of friendship in the gift of brotherhood and this young man greeted me every time I come over let’s go hunting. If you have time, I made you a ham sandwich and a big cup of coffee.

There may be some more deserving, but if he got this wonderful, looking firelock, he would have the biggest smile on his face

I spent most of my life alone going to war coming home to a country that I just don’t get but it’s not about me it’s about him and I have have to say people worry about the younger generation if they’re like Mitchell we’re OK

Your most humble servant

Charles balding
Sgt. United States, Marine Corps.

Colonial reenactor
Rutherford’s Rangers
Fort Edward Capon Bridge, West Virginia
Semper Fi brother. You're doing right by the young man, and I had a good chuckle over the motor t comment 😂. One vote for young Mitchell.

Last edited:
Here's one vote for Mitchell! I need a Mitchell. Have no youngsters to take out doing man stuff. Used to take young teens of church single mom's turkey and all hunting. Don't know a single young person 😕. Looks like I will be old n crippled before I see any grand kids..... If at all. Shouldn't have hid that pamplet in the bottom drawer so well. (Any Zappa fans out there lol)!

I will place my vote for Mitchell as well. I really enjoyed reading that story.

Another vote for Mitchell. I have the opportunity every month at my church to work with Kids Outdoor Zone, and I know I get every bit as much blessing from our outdoor ventures as the kids do. We hunt, fish, do field crafts, and learn survival. There are so many kids that need to get out of the house, away from the video games and television, and experience creation and fellowship. Great job, Marine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back