• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Want to build first kit.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:haha: I don't know.... :idunno: One time I had one all built in the white, was takin it apart to finish sand it, forgot to pull one barrel pin & snapped the fore stock in 3 pieces !! :doh: :rotf: :rotf: and another one bites the dust....

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper with my $ 600. kindling.... :shake:

And the next day it looked just as bad as the previous day ! :doh:

Keith Lisle

Guy I knew brought his stripped full stock in to show wife the finish----Accidentally stuck about a foot into ceiling fan !!!! Back to shop for an engineering change to a 1/2 stock.....Things happen....Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I too am a leftie and wanted a flinter and a friend kept asking me when I wanted to build one. It took me a long time, but I decided on an early Isaac Haines, ordered a blank, barrel in 40 cal, a left hand lock, some brass parts and carried it to his shop Oct 27, 2014. Silly me, I thought I'd have it ready for doe season in January! :rotf:

Between our schedules I've probably logged about 75 hours, working nights suck, but it's almost fully shaped, just from the entry pipe forward is left. I inletted the muzzle cap Friday, and
hope to work on it tomorrow. I think the wooden patch box lid looks nice, I plan to have one too.

I can't add much, just take your time and enjoy it. ALMOST any mistake can be covered up, but the stock DOES get thin before you're done. It almost scares me to pull the barrel on mine.

Eterry

I have almost had tragedies like that. I also get very protective of my stocks while finishing them, carefully put them where nothing will happen to them. When I have taken off about all the wood I think I need to I look at some of the old original and take off some more. Those old timers were fearless when removing wood.

Latest posts

Back