• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Walker holster ideas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong but I seriously doubt that most of the 11-1200 original Walkers were ever carried as belt guns especially since they were issued in pairs, no?
I was referring to the Texas ranger issue of the first 1000 or so that were supposedly issued in pairs and I think I read another 160 or so for the civilian market which probably were the ones most used in belt carry pictures. Certainly rangers could have individually had belt holsters made but as they were never far from their saddles I suspect that the majority were carried as issued.

Even a 1851 Navy is a large revolver to me.That walking around with a large revolver on your hip is pure "Hollywood".

I carry two thrid model dragoons all day in a cross draw holster at out events and I am 70 years old !Never had no issues,,on them ,,use a wide belt i make holsters so i use the early slim jim styles in fact even on my 186os as well ,there is no problem useing a belt across your chest stuff thats dumb to begin with or something on your back!!How di the people long ago use them?? they carried on their waists wide belts,,sometimes this stuff is so self explainable it hurts to read it!
Well I suppose thinking thoughts other than what we always have before is painful to some folks !

Back