• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Vorderlader-Zundhutchen Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gents,
A few years ago I inherited an unmentionable and in with all of the modern caps and slugs I found two tins of Vorderlader-Zundhutchen caps, some Speer .57 roundballs, a short starter, and a capper. I don't have any use for the caps nor do I ever plan to get into percussion rifles or pistols as I plan to order a Kibler soon. So my question is are the caps worth anything? It seems there old but I can't find much info on them. The metal tin is sealed and unopened, the plastic tin is open and contains 47 caps. I was thinking of throwing them on the buy/sell/trade forum to see if anyone had any flintlock gear they would want to trade for them as I have zero flintlock equipment but I don't know if the caps are even worth a rusty nail. Please excuse me if this isn't the correct forum and mods feel free to delete or move it to the percussion forum if needed.
20230303_070244.jpg
Attached are pics.
20230303_065317.jpg

From the RWS site...

The origin dates back to the year 1855. It was then that Heinrich Uttendoerffer began to produce ignition charges in his laboratory in Nuremberg. Three decades later, his laboratory was taken over by the „Rheinisch Westfälische Sprengstoff-Actien-Gesellschaft“ founded in Troisdorf in 1886, which explains the origin of the short form RWS.

Latest posts

Back