• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Using TOTW Mink Oil?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been using TOTW Mink Oil almost exclusively for decades. A tin of it lasts a loooong time so it’s convenient, and cost does not enter in as a consideration. For casual/target/range shooting I’ll just smear one side of a patch(s) with my thumb. Accuracy is maintained with no swabbing for 8-20+ shots depending on the particular rifle/load. For hunting I use a “loosely” fitted, and well sealed loading block…..also, ball with patch lubed on one side. It makes for a fast reload if required, and works very well over a wide range of temperatures.

My mink was squeaking something fierce until I rubbed him down with mink oil. Now he is too slippery to catch ….
My mink was squeaking something fierce until I rubbed him down with mink oil. Now he is too slippery to catch ….
Well, y'all talked me into ordering some from totw.

Anybody know the actual percentage of mink oil in this lube? I trap and have skinned a few mink and they have almost NO fat on them. I'm guessing it's mostly tallow with just enough mink in it to call it that.

At the range the patched is lubed just prior to loading. For hunting i carry five lubed patches and balls in a piece of capped PVC pipe.

How did putting grease on a piece of rag get so complicated?
You haven’t been in ml long have you boy😂
Strike a light, pour a cup of coffee, bevel up bevel down, blow down the barrel, swab once a shooting section or every shot, bare ball in a smoothie, PRB in a smoothie, saying smoothie, shoot we can write a hundred replies on how to pepper your eggs, or should oat meal have milk butter or both

do you have to lube them fast or slow depending on your r.o.t.???? and always clockwise!! o_O
Not if you have a left sided lock. Always counter clockwise. It is the right way to lube yer patches.

Easy stuff here.

Pillow ticking precut.

Lube 100 or so with TOTW Mink Oil. Lube fairly heavy.

Place in a plastic jar/container with a sealed lid for storage and put 25 or so in a small plastic canister with a cap to take to the woods.

Works for me. :)

Back