• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upstate NY Muzzleloader

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommygun

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi folks,
The name is Tom and I wanted to join up and share some BP experience with people.
I have built a couple rifles and a few BP pistols. I am going to attempt a Pietta kit gun, 1851 navy in .36 caliber.
Her is a picture of a couple guns I made and hunt with.

Attachments

• 20201215_134929 (1).jpg
    20201215_134929 (1).jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 134
Fellow Upstate NYer here. Welcome aboard. Fun, informative site.
3setters... pretty much anything outside of the City is considered Upstate...we generally disown it, but there are alot of sticklers who consider any part of NY west of the Hudson Upstate.

Many years ago we used to do alot of hunting down there...crazy place back then (80s)

Welcome !!! Those are really nice muzzle loaders!!! I guess me being in Putnam County would be considered a "Down State'r " to you guys. Funny though the city people always consider me an Upstate'r. Raised and always use to live in Rockland County never in are next to the City. Either way I'm far enough away from the NYC Metro area and have no desire to ever visit, its a total mess! Anyway back to you....WELCOME fellow NY'er!!!

Thanks for the welcome :)
I live in the finger lakes region of NY , just out side of Watkins Glen.
Hector national forest is my back yard.
We were camping at the Glen State Park this weekend until the deluge hit. Visited a very nice gun shop on rt. 14 on the way home. Good inventory of firearms but not much in muzzle loaders.

Seen any gypsy moths this year...:eek:

Lived in NY for better part of 5 decades, worked for the state for lot of those years. Grew up in the finger lakes area when farming was the main industry, mostly all gone now because of taxes. The state is nothing like it was one reason I left. As to what is upstate it starts in the
poughkeepise area north and west. NYC has trashed the state with their control of everything that happens in NY state.
Welcome aboard before I forget

Back