• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unboxing disappointment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Pedrsolli PA rifle several years ago. The one I got has had issues with setting off the pan charge. Then I found out that the lock geometry was not good. Never again.
Send it back. Don't live with it like I did.
Mike

This is the OP's gun now.

Trying to bend the ramrod and breaking it takes returning it off the table.

If the OP hated the gun and wanted to return the gun, he should have resisted the urge to tamper with the gun.

Buy a new ramrod, taper the pin ends a bit, chamfer the tenon holes a bit, pack the holes with bee's wax and enjoy shooting her.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party but it would have gone back immediately or at least had some money returned, if I wanted to keep it and fix it.

I think the OP did what the first owner did, tried to tinker with it while figuring out what to do about the overall issue. As a seller, I don't think I would issue a full refund on a gun with damage (ramrod). Then again, they should have noted the blown out pin holes when they got that thing back the first time.

I hate to disappoint you'all, but from the European perspective the heydays of blackpowder revival are a thing of the past.
During my 41 years of experience in BP shooting, Pedersoli never have produced any top grade firearms, maybe just a little bit better than the rest of the Italian shops.
For some 30 years, Feinwerkbau were making really decent sixguns (Rogers & Spencer model) and a very good underhammer percussion pistol, with a good service and availability of spare parts. That's history, anyway - Feinwerkbau discontinued their BP models two or three years ago (and are now only producing top grade match air rifles).

25 years of shooting finally wore of the hammer my Feinwerkbau Rogers & Spencer down. I was lucky to buy one of the last replacement hammers and a trigger from their remaining stock, invested near 300 € into hopefully a few more years of shooting fun.
That's about what a brand new Italian sixgun would have cost me... while used ones in good condition sell for about 50 €, with some given away for free among members of my club,
as BP shooting appears to have gone out of style.

Hey guys, I wanted to get your thoughts on this Pedersoli Indian Trade gun I just got delivered from a well known retailer. This is my first pedersoli, so maybe this is normal?? Most of the pins are blown out and the ramrod has no tension, it just falls out.

Should I keep it? I sent them photos and they are reviewing it now, but for close to 1300 dollars I’m disappointed.
send it back

Here's my take... The pin holes shouldn't be chipped and the ramrod should fit bitter, but there are WAY bigger issues with design and quality of workmanship in general. I wouldn't like the pin holes and ramrod, but the other giant shortcomings would trump this.

Give us 6 months and we'll have a way better kit available for the same money or less.

Jim

Here's my take... The pin holes shouldn't be chipped and the ramrod should fit bitter, but there are WAY bigger issues with design and quality of workmanship in general. I wouldn't like the pin holes and ramrod, but the other giant shortcomings would trump this.

Give us 6 months and we'll have a way better kit available for the same money or less.

Jim
Jim can I get on the list? I want a Fowler from y’all so bad

I would have to give serious thought to a 20ga Trade Gun kit.

Something about Trade Gun lines that far exceed those of American Long Rifles.

There is a scene in The Last of The Mohicans where a Trade Gun is used.

The taper of barrel and stock from the muzzle on back is.....DAY-UM!!!

Hey guys, I wanted to get your thoughts on this Pedersoli Indian Trade gun I just got delivered from a well known retailer. This is my first pedersoli, so maybe this is normal?? Most of the pins are blown out and the ramrod has no tension, it just falls out.

Should I keep it? I sent them photos and they are reviewing it now, but for close to 1300 dollars I’m disappointed.
It appears you have a reject sent to you that someone else sent back.

It's a shame you broke the ramrod, now the gun is yours.

I agree with others - the only way you blow chips out the pin holes like that is when you try to remove them. This is almost certainly a "used gun" that someone took apart, and when they drove the pins out backwards they blew chips out of the pin holes. Then they returned the gun.

It's possible that someone at the factory removed the pins and did the damage, but I doubt it.

In any case, it would be grounds for returning.

Next time, inspect the gun for flaws and call/return immediately if there are any problems. Don't monkey with the gun and then return it - that's probably how the gun you have ended up like it is.

With the prices new guns are going for these days you can get a Kibler kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back