• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Dragoon, what year made?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this the other day at less than what I thought it was worth. I have a question about the rear sight and year of mfg. Any help will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210315_104140.jpg
    20210315_104140.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210315_104114.jpg
    20210315_104114.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 102
I bought this the other day at less than what I thought it was worth. I have a question about the rear sight and year of mfg. Any help will be much appreciated.
There should be other stamps elsewhere, under the loading lever and or on the grip strap. What you're showing is a serial number and proof marks.

What is your question about the rear sight? Photos of all sides of the barrel (top, bottom, left, and right) and both sides of the frame would go a long way.

Regards,

Jim

What is your question about the rear sight? Photos of all sides of the barrel (top, bottom, left, and right) and both sides of the frame would go a long way.

Regards,

Jim
My question about the rear sight is when did the 3rd model

Regards,

Jim
My question is when was the rear sight used on the 3rd model Dragoon? The Uberti web site shows only the notch in the hammer on this model. I know it is made by Uberti and I know about the markings under the ram rod. There are no other markings on the gun other than the ones I show in the picture's.

Tom,

Not to be snide, but if you want help with your questions, you will need to provide the answers to our inquiries. How do you know it is an Uberti if you cannot show proof of it? You also do not show/provide a date code. It will either be in Roman numerals on the right side of the frame or alpha characters in a rectangle in the same area

3rd Model Dragoons were produced by a few manufacturers. Uberti is the only one currently doing so. In the 70's Armi San Marco produced many variations to include shoulder-stocked variations with different length barrels and barrel-lug-mounted 3-leaf rear sights. Yours is not one of those.

I have never seen an Uberti with a sight like that.

I totally agree with the last poster that it is a post manufacture modification.

Regards,

Jim

Tom,

Not to be snide, but if you want help with your questions, you will need to provide the answers to our inquiries. How do you know it is an Uberti if you cannot show proof of it? You also do not show/provide a date code. It will either be in Roman numerals on the right side of the frame or alpha characters in a rectangle in the same area

3rd Model Dragoons were produced by a few manufacturers. Uberti is the only one currently doing so. In the 70's Armi San Marco produced many variations to include shoulder-stocked variations with different length barrels and barrel-lug-mounted 3-leaf rear sights. Yours is not one of those.

I have never seen an Uberti with a sight like that.

I totally agree with the last poster that it is a post manufacture modification.

Regards,

Jim
Jim, I said I knew it was a Uberti and noted that I have seen the Uberti ,black powder only ,Italy markings under the loading lever. The stampings that are in the photos are the only ones on the frame or any place on the pistol.

The date code should be by the Uberti name under the loading lever. You are looking for a box with letters or numbers inside.
This is what is under the loading lever. I can't see any "box" other than the one by the s/n . Thanks for your help. TOM

Attachments

• 20210315_145426.jpg
    20210315_145426.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 90
That's it, looks like it got double stamped. I read CM, 2014.
Thanks I am satisfied that I was able to get the information I was asking for to complete my records. This forum is great. Thanks Hawkeye for your help. Here is a pic of the two percussion revolvers I have been able to obtain since I retired. Tom

Attachments

• 20210313_123951.jpg
    20210313_123951.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 68
Back