• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Colt Walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any members own one? If so, please let me know as I need to find out the dia. and if possible length of the two pins at the front of the frame that locate and align frame and barrel.

Are you the same person who has posted an identical question on airgunbbs.com in UK?

Can you post a picture of the frame of your Walker and the pin location?

Do you have a set of drill bits? Preferably metric to insert in the pin holes. Then you will have the diameter. Use a needle to insert in the holes to measure approximate length. Get a pin to press fit into the frame and slide fit in the barrel. Once fit in the frame, trim the length until the barrel fits to the frame.

Or pay the shipping costs to have Taylor's ship some pins to you.

And then again perhaps it would help if someone answered his question rather than telling him what he needed to do.

Some things are easier to find in the US, but the vendor will NOT send them to the UK.

Some parts CAN be found in UK or Europe, but again, if I said that there was a dealer in dealer in Budapest, would that help anybody in the USA?

Please lighten up.

The OP has asked the same question here in UK and gotten less good news than he wants, mainly, I suspect, because the parts he needs are gunsmith replaceable parts, not owner/user replaceable parts. They are likely to have been machine-installed in the frame after freezing, the usual way of fitting small but vital pins into guns these days.

Do any members own one? If so, please let me know as I need to find out the dia. and if possible length of the two pins at the front of the frame that locate and align frame and barrel.
Have you called Uberti?
GET IN TOUCH
A.Uberti S.p.A.

Sede Soc. e Stab. Via Artigiani n.1 – 25063 Gardone Val Trompia (BS) Italy

General Phone : +39 030 8341800
General Fax : +39.030.8341801

E-Mail: [email protected]

Partita Iva, Codice Fiscale e Iscriz.Reg.Imprese di Brescia n. 03556620171

Capitale Sociale Euro 1.577.160 i.v.

Have you called Uberti?
GET IN TOUCH
A.Uberti S.p.A.

Sede Soc. e Stab. Via Artigiani n.1 – 25063 Gardone Val Trompia (BS) Italy

General Phone : +39 030 8341800
General Fax : +39.030.8341801

E-Mail: [email protected]

Partita Iva, Codice Fiscale e Iscriz.Reg.Imprese di Brescia n. 03556620171

Capitale Sociale Euro 1.577.160 i.v.

Just have now. Thanks

It's not a Uberti but the frame/barrel pins in my Walker are .156" in diameter and .375" long. This makes the pins 5/32 inches in diameter by 3/8 inches long.

The mating holes in the barrel are .160" in diameter.

I have no idea which company made the gun but it was made in 1967 and it was made in Italy.

Believe it or not but these Italian reproductions closely followed the original Colt pistols for the sizes of the parts that go into them so I wouldn't be surprised if the pins in my gun and the pins for Bokbefok's gun are the same.

It's not a Uberti but the frame/barrel pins in my Walker are .156" in diameter and .375" long. This makes the pins 5/32 inches in diameter by 3/8 inches long.

I have no idea which company made the gun but it was made in 1967 and it was made in Italy.

Believe it or not but these Italian reproductions closely followed the original Colt pistols for the sizes of the parts that go into them so I wouldn't be surprised if the pins in my gun and the pins for Bokbefok's gun are the same.
Brilliant. Thank you

My 1996 (BH proof date) Uberti Walker was nearby and I got curious. The pins on mine measure .137” diameter and are .110” proud of the frame. The matching holes in the barrel easily accept a 9/64” drill (.141”).

Some things are easier to find in the US, but the vendor will NOT send them to the UK.

Some parts CAN be found in UK or Europe, but again, if I said that there was a dealer in dealer in Budapest, would that help anybody in the USA?

Please lighten up.

The OP has asked the same question here in UK and gotten less good news than he wants, mainly, I suspect, because the parts he needs are gunsmith replaceable parts, not owner/user replaceable parts. They are likely to have been machine-installed in the frame after freezing, the usual way of fitting small but vital pins into guns these days.
Wouldn't you heat a hole to get it to expand in diameter for a pin fit or is that only with gun barrels , barrel hoops and iron wagon wheel rims.

Latest posts

Back