• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Walker disassembly

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got two Walkers. One I bought from Midway a few years ago and one I bought from Dave (Jackrabbit) that he had done his work on. Send it to Him or Mike (45D) you won't be sorry!

I wrote to Uberti/Benelli and they responded with this. I followed this procedure and it worked. Problem solved. I appreciate good customer service.

Some of these can be a bear to get off. Have him try putting the barrel in a padded bench vise, trigger guard up. Basically, upside down. Have someone hold the grip in case it comes flying off. Use a piece of wood or some other non-marring object to put against the front of the cylinder and hit the object with a hammer. Preferably a heavy hammer. IF it comes off, he may have to use some sanding cloth to “shoeshine” the front section of the base pin and work it down, so it goes on and off with ease. It’s the same thing I would do here to fix it except I start with a wide medium or fine cut file to start. If he doesn’t like going this far, send it in and we’ll take care of it.

I wrote to Uberti/Benelli and they responded with this. I followed this procedure and it worked. Problem solved. I appreciate good customer service.

Some of these can be a bear to get off. Have him try putting the barrel in a padded bench vise, trigger guard up. Basically, upside down. Have someone hold the grip in case it comes flying off. Use a piece of wood or some other non-marring object to put against the front of the cylinder and hit the object with a hammer. Preferably a heavy hammer. IF it comes off, he may have to use some sanding cloth to “shoeshine” the front section of the base pin and work it down, so it goes on and off with ease. It’s the same thing I would do here to fix it except I start with a wide medium or fine cut file to start. If he doesn’t like going this far, send it in and we’ll take care of it.
Yeah, I'd use a fine cut file as well because all you will be doing is filing off a bit of radial interference and any metal the wedge has forced into the arbor slot locking it to the barrel assembly.

Latest posts

Back