• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

LePage Flintlock Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Many Klatch

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a barely used Pedersoli LePage Flintock target pistol at a reasonable price. The owner tells me he shot it 4 or 5 times. I don't have any experience with one but they look like good shooters. Does anyone have any experience with one and what kind of accuracy can I expect. What size ball does the rifled barrel take?

Many Klatch

Zeke, thanks for your help. Looks like the LePage takes a .435 ball. It figures I'd have to buy another mold.

Do you know if the barrel has a patent breech with the smaller powder chamber?

Many Klatch

You can't actually see it on the exploded view but looking at the exterior design of the pistol I would guess that the answer would be yes since it is a hooked breech design with a bolster for the nipple. If not that is a long channel for a #11 cap to be pushing fire through.

Well I have avoided the patent breeches up to now. Since this is intended to be a target pistol and doesn't have a ramrod, then it will be obviously loaded on a bench. I could take the required time to ream the powder chamber as needed.

Many Klatch

Yes...just ream it out..the Le Page Flintlock is a BEAUTIFUL gun !!!! I'd jump on the Deal in a heartbeat! ....IF you change your mind about it PM me and I'll pick it up.

I have a Pedersoli LePage flintlock.

It takes a .433 ball. I find it loads easily and shoots best with a .010 patch and 20 gr FFFg Goex. I can get 1" groups at 25 yards from a bench. My pistol came with a separate supplied ramrod with bore protector.

The breech is a Nock patent breech. It is correctly sized and there is no need to mess with it. It is very reliable and very easy to clean. Besides the vent liner on the right there is a similiar sized plug on the left side (unvented of course) that gives you full access to the breech area for a thorough cleaning.

The barrel is hooked. The lock is held in place with a single screw. There is pin in the stock the engages the front of the lock (where a second screw would normally go). You just need to be aware its there when you pull or reinstall the lock.

I get about 70 shots per flint (3/4 X 5/8 English). There's not a lot of room front to back on the cock so you need the shorter flint. Generally, I don't have to do much knapping/adjusting as the lock just keeps on sparking until the flint is worn to a nub.

Unlike the percussion version the rear sight is NOT adjustable for elevation. Some European target shooting rule or other, so its strictly a file operation to adjust POI.

I can't quite get the trigger adjusted as light as I can the same trigger on my percussion LePage but its still pretty good. Just have to play with it. On my percussion trigger I did have to add some nail polish to keep the screw from backing out, but that hasn't been an issue with the flintlock.

All in all, good fast lock, accurrate and fun to shoot.

Thanks Bill, that was the hands on information I was hoping for.

Thanks to everybody that replied. Looks like I will be the proud owner of a LePage before long.

Many Klatch

I have a Pedersoli LePage flintlock.

It takes a .433 ball. I find it loads easily and shoots best with a .010 patch and 20 gr FFFg Goex. I can get 1" groups at 25 yards from a bench. My pistol came with a separate supplied ramrod with bore protector.

The breech is a Nock patent breech. It is correctly sized and there is no need to mess with it. It is very reliable and very easy to clean. Besides the vent liner on the right there is a similiar sized plug on the left side (unvented of course) that gives you full access to the breech area for a thorough cleaning.

The barrel is hooked. The lock is held in place with a single screw. There is pin in the stock the engages the front of the lock (where a second screw would normally go). You just need to be aware its there when you pull or reinstall the lock.

I get about 70 shots per flint (3/4 X 5/8 English). There's not a lot of room front to back on the cock so you need the shorter flint. Generally, I don't have to do much knapping/adjusting as the lock just keeps on sparking until the flint is worn to a nub.

Unlike the percussion version the rear sight is NOT adjustable for elevation. Some European target shooting rule or other, so its strictly a file operation to adjust POI.

I can't quite get the trigger adjusted as light as I can the same trigger on my percussion LePage but its still pretty good. Just have to play with it. On my percussion trigger I did have to add some nail polish to keep the screw from backing out, but that hasn't been an issue with the flintlock.

All in all, good fast lock, accurrate and fun

Back