• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti 1862 Police

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a great deal on a used and slightly abused 1862 police. I and putting together a order from VTI for worn internal parts and a botched up cyclinder. My question is, should I buy the Uberti nipples or is there a better choice out there. My other bp revolvers are: Pietta 1851, Uberti 1860 and Dragoon, and my beloved Ruger Old Army. All the nipples are factory and I feel that there might be better choices out there where I can standardize and use the same size cap.
Any suggestions?

As far as nipples go , I have had great service with Ampco nipples. Check Track of the Wolf for them. I put them on the navies I use for cowboy action shooting and they last forever.

Ampco is the brand name of a proprietary alloy used by Treso for nipples. It's an excellent metal for this application as it withstands erosion from hot combustion gas. Wherever you see the word Ampco the brand of nipple is Treso - they're interchangeable.

And they are excellent nipples.

If you buy nipples made from one of the Ampco alloys it will look like it is made out of brass.
It isn't.

There is copper in it but there are other metals that make these very tough and heat/wear resistant.

Back