• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NGD: The Colts Have a Baby

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NGD: New Gun Day

Uberti Colt 1862 Police from MidwayUSA arrived today (bottom).

Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear:
3_bears.png

I don't think Sam Colt's genius adapting his revolver design to different uses can be really appreciated until the results are seen in close poximity. On top is the "horse pistol" 1848 Dragoon (mounted saddle carried) - six shots in .44 caliber, in the middle is the 1860 New Army (sidearm infantry carried) - six shots in .44 caliber, and on the bottom is the 1862 Police (civilian law enforcement carried) - five shots in .36 caliber. This 1862 Police is just plain tiny compared to its ancestors, both in size and in weight.

This will be great fun, shooting all three and comparing them to each other!!

That '62 Police is the Ruger Bearcat of its day.

I've added one to my Midway USA cart many times.

But I'm afraid of getting one that's poorly built.

That '62 Police is the Ruger Bearcat of its day.

I've added one to my Midway USA cart many times.

But I'm afraid of getting one that's poorly built.
The 1862 Police I got from Midway is perfect. Didn't even have a short abor. Go ahead an order it. Click on that cart!!

What about a 1849 .31 pocket to extend the family? As a matter of interest, what is the engraving on the Chamber of the middle pistol? It looks to me like a 'Navy', although chambered for .44. Not criticising, I have one almost exactly the same.
The one in the middle of the pic is the Uberti 1860 Colt New Army. Sorry, I don't know what the engraving represents.

Latest posts

Back