• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two pieces of shot...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....from my pheasants.
IMG_20240128_093348.jpg

Don't look like they need no fancy so called cushion wads!
😊

So ...do you old country (as in our old country) hunters have to use non-toxic (which I refer to as non-lethal) shot when you go afield? Seems to be all the rage hereabouts. Carrion-eating varmints love it b/c it causes more cripples to die later. Curious about this.

Wish we had pheasants here. Thanks for posting, sir. Vicariously, we are with you on your hunts. Cheers! Cheerio!

So ...do you old country (as in our old country) hunters have to use non-toxic (which I refer to as non-lethal) shot when you go afield? Seems to be all the rage hereabouts. Carrion-eating varmints love it b/c it causes more cripples to die later. Curious about this.

Wish we had pheasants here. Thanks for posting, sir. Vicariously, we are with you on your hunts. Cheers! Cheerio!
Britain is under attack again regarding the banning of lead shot, so far with no consideration for muzzleloaders.
I've bought plenty!

In a family move many years ago in Georgia I found some big jugs filled with #4, #7.5 up to #9. I have yet to get them up here in Maine; it was a lifetime supply (for me). Couldn't bring them up originally so a very dear friend has all my stuff and is ready to get it to me whenever arrangements can be made. #5 would have been nice but you can't have it all.

Britain is under attack again regarding the banning of lead shot, so far with no consideration for muzzleloaders.
I've bought plenty!

Last time I was in our LGS I helped an older guy carry out 20,000 12g c*r*r*d*es into the back of his van. His brother had been the day before and done the same thing. 'No chicken-**** politician is going to tell ME what to shoot on my own land!', was his goodbye.

Back