• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two feathers health issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect a fair number of us here have had ticker/artery work of some sort done. I know I’m in that group. Thank God for the science and medicine we have that allows us to continue. Keep up the recovery and make the best of each day. As we know that is all we have anyway.
Kansas Jake:
Thank you. I'm trying my best.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

It was a 7 hour surgery and included a complete transfusion. GOD...I wonder WHAT I am now? :~))) :dunno:
When you get your appetite back, maybe you'll crave new foods that you've never tried before, and you can get an idea on whose blood you received.
Do you crave tacos on Taco Tuesday?
How about spaghetti for Wednesday supper?
Chittlins and watermelon while listening to blues or hip-hop?
You might also appreciate the fine detailing of some antique doilies, or decide that your favorite outfit doesn't match, and discover that Real Men do, indeed, wear pink.

It's all good, as long as you're on this side of the lawn! 🏡
Keep us posted, and we'll keep on pulling for you!

Hey Two Feathers, only chatted once before about one of your Roach Belly’s and was too late. Had a friend that had your surgery and can remember him saying that the worst was the cough and never sneeze. He use to make a weird throat clearing grunt instead of coughing. Have a speedy recovery God Bless!!! Kevin aka Reds

Howdy folks Two Feathers here:
I just got home. I'm in some intense pain, but I wanted to say thank you to all the members for their prayers, concerns, and well wishes. I especially want to thank one of my best friends, @Rodd Boyer for working with Mrs. Two Feathers to keep the members updated. The outpouring of love, support, and prayers for me during these bad times was amazing.
I haven't forgotten any of you folks who ordered items from me, but it'll be a bit longer before I'm strong enough to go back to work full time.
The surgeons say 8 weeks before I can drive, and at least that long before I can work, but hey what do they know. They ain't never dealt with me before. :dunno: :thumb:
Well folks, I'm getting a might tired. So I'll say see ya.' and thank you all again.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers
I tell ya what, I bet yer back in about 5 weeks +/-

When I was in the hospital being born (a tramatic expeierence if I recall correctly,) my father was i the same hosptia in the terminal care center having been in a bad fire a few days before. Doctors told my poor mon he was not gonna make it. What a terrible thing for a new mother.

Long story short, before I left (what a week back then in early 60's?) he was off the terminal list and they told her he wouod live but never work. Two weeks he was walking around, 3 weeks outta there and 6 weeks back working. Pop had an incredible ability to heal and my son inherited it. You be back soon my friend!

I tell ya what, I bet yer back in about 5 weeks +/-

When I was in the hospital being born (a tramatic expeierence if I recall correctly,) my father was i the same hosptia in the terminal care center having been in a bad fire a few days before. Doctors told my poor mon he was not gonna make it. What a terrible thing for a new mother.

Long story short, before I left (what a week back then in early 60's?) he was off the terminal list and they told her he wouod live but never work. Two weeks he was walking around, 3 weeks outta there and 6 weeks back working. Pop had an incredible ability to heal and my son inherited it. You be back soon my friend!
antzman:
GREAT story, thanks for sharing. Somehow I don't think I'm cut from that same cloth, but I'll try my best. It already feels like a year! Being sick to my stomach 24/7 is the hardest part. I was always an eater, now I eat nothing. Maybe every few days I'll eat an egg for breakfast? Mostly the smell of food makes me barf.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

antzman:
GREAT story, thanks for sharing. Somehow I don't think I'm cut from that same cloth, but I'll try my best. It already feels like a year! Being sick to my stomach 24/7 is the hardest part. I was always an eater, now I eat nothing. Maybe every few days I'll eat an egg for breakfast? Mostly the smell of food makes me barf.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

So sorry to hear you are having health issues. 😔 I hope things improve and you can get back to feeling healthy again. You have my best wishes good friend.

Randy

So sorry to hear you are having health issues. 😔 I hope things improve and you can get back to feeling healthy again. You have my best wishes good friend.

Randy
Thanks Randy:
It's going to be a looong period of recovery. Triple bypasses suck!
I'm feeling a small bit better each day.
God bless:
Dave

Old Oak's suggestion to hug that pillow is right on target. I dreaded coughing. The pillow didn't take all the pain away, but it did make it bearable.
I'm sure your medical staff told you how to get up from bed by dropping your legs over the side of the bed while pushing your upper body up with your arm.
It took me longer than usual to recover, but I did recover. The discomfort is now only a faint memory.

The procedure 'coronary arterial bypass graft', often called "cabbage" has become a relatively common surgery in recent years. Recovery is a tough go but millions have gone through it and came out OK. Including myself. In the same year I had my CABG I was also operated on for a tumor on my spinal cord (dorsal nerve in doctor speak). It had me in debilitating pain and completely crippled. The surgery and recovery made the heart surgery look like a skinned knee in comparison. I was months in the VA long term rehabitation facility until I learned how to walk again. Again, I had to remind myself to be grateful these things can be done.

Dave (Two Feathers) is having some health issues and will be away from the site for a month or so. He will get back on the forum as soon as he is able. Dave is a wonderfully talented craftsman and I know that I love to see his latest wares. As more information on his condition become available, I'll keep you all posted. Prayers up for his speedy recovery!

God bless,
Rodd
prayers, gods will for speedy and complete recovery

Back