• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two feathers health issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a phone call away Dave if you need help around the house or whatever. Just PM me sir. Get well soon and try to eat more, it will make you feel better. I remember when I had cancer surgery and 40 radiation treatments in 2017. I had to eat Jello for 2 weeks and man did a hamburger taste like a million bucks after that and plain too! Get well soon.

Dave have they prescribed any exercise/physical therapy yet? If not, ask them for it. Strength fades away fast and comes back slow.
The first exercises may not seem like much, but you are not going to start out with push ups!
SOLANCO:
Breathing exercises and walking as much as I can, that's about it.
God bless:
Dave

I'm a phone call away Dave if you need help around the house or whatever. Just PM me sir. Get well soon and try to eat more, it will make you feel better. I remember when I had cancer surgery and 40 radiation treatments in 2017. I had to eat Jello for 2 weeks and man did a hamburger taste like a million bucks after that and plain too! Get well soon.
erhunter:
Thank you. I ate breakfast this morning. That's the first food I've eaten since I got home.
I lost 20 some pounds so far. I haven't eaten meat since my stroke in 2013. Can't tolerate it, unless it's jerky.:~)))
Thanks for the encouragement. Benton forever!! :~))))
God bless:
Dave

Dave (Two Feathers) is having some health issues and will be away from the site for a month or so. He will get back on the forum as soon as he is able. Dave is a wonderfully talented craftsman and I know that I love to see his latest wares. As more information on his condition become available, I'll keep you all posted. Prayers up for his speedy recovery!

God bless,
Rodd
Praying 🙏

Howdy folks:
I guess this would be an update?
The surgeons say I'm about on track, but I've lost 45 pounds so far and I still have no stamina? Sitting in front of this keyboard about kills me, but I'm going to try doing a small leather work project later today?
I have my last follow up with the head surgeon on May 4th. we'll see what he says? I'm dying to get back to driving. I bought a new vehicle in January, 2022 and I have to stare at it. :mad: Mrs. Two Feathers is afraid to drive it, so it just sets there.
I'm told I have to take a short trip to a local place soon so I can get some exercise? I feel like a poodle going to the dog park? :thumb:;)
Well...I guess that's about it for now? Thank you all again. I'm hoping to be back soon?
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Mornin' Folks:
Well, the project went OK, but not like I had hoped. I'm going to try to finish filling a small order today. I think I can do some of it from right here in my dining room?
I feel bad that I've made this poor guy wait 9 weeks for 2 bags. Hopefully today will change that.
I guess that's about it for now?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Mornin' Folks:
Well, the project went OK, but not like I had hoped. I'm going to try to finish filling a small order today. I think I can do some of it from right here in my dining room?
I feel bad that I've made this poor guy wait 9 weeks for 2 bags. Hopefully today will change that.
I guess that's about it for now?
God bless:
Two Feathers
Be patient with yourself Dave. We’re all just glad you’re feeling good enough to start making things again!

It must be great mental therapy for you, but be mindful of the needs of your body not to overdo it. Try to pace yourself as you continue to recover and regain your strength.

I said it before but think it bears repeating. Strength is quick to leave and slow to come back. Not too early to ask the medicos when you can start on strength exercise and for guidance on how to start. After a shoulder replacement they said it would be the best part of a year before exercise and therapy would have the shoulder back to normal. They were right.

Happy you are still looking at the green side of the lawn and prayers for your continued healing.

Be patient with yourself Dave. We’re all just glad you’re feeling good enough to start making things again!

It must be great mental therapy for you, but be mindful of the needs of your body not to overdo it. Try to pace yourself as you continue to recover and regain your strength.
Thanks Jim:
I'm glad to be trying, but I fear I may be pushing it? I've got a few leftover projects waiting. Hopefully soon I can try doing something?
It's nice to know that so many of the members care about me. :ThankYou:
Thank you for your support.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

I said it before but think it bears repeating. Strength is quick to leave and slow to come back. Not too early to ask the medicos when you can start on strength exercise and for guidance on how to start. After a shoulder replacement they said it would be the best part of a year before exercise and therapy would have the shoulder back to normal. They were right.

Happy you are still looking at the green side of the lawn and prayers for your continued healing.
SOLANCO:
It's a slow process I agree. I'm glad you're back 100%
I've gone through some manure in 73 years, but nothing like this??
9 years ago it was a stroke, now this?? Maybe someone is trying to tell me something?
I used to tell my students, "If I knew I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." :oops:
o_O
God bless:
Dave

I havent been on the sight much and just got back from staying in Texas for the winter a couple weeks ago. But I wish you the best Dave and hope you get back to where you want to be soon. Maybe you need to grab a few cans of Popeyes spinach. :)
Welcome back Big AL52:
Thank you. Ironically Sauteed Spinach is one of my favorite foods, but so far it hasn't helped. :(
Maybe we can do business in the future?
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Brother david w:
You send it, I'll eat it!! I've never met a chili or a jerky that I didn't love. I'm eating about 200 calories a day (primarily fruit), and that's about all the food I can put in me before I get too sick to eat anymore. My incisions are healing nicely. Hopefully soon I'll be able to breath without all the pain? Coughing is a nightmare!
Triple bypasses SUCK!!!!
Thanks y'all.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Yeah, they suck. But we are still praying for your complete recovery ... and many more good years. Dale

Back