• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two feathers health issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, really nice! That horn just looks like it was made for a mountain man! I'm working on one now, (first horn). Tomorrow is rain and cold, the horn will be something good to do.
Neil
Neil:
Thanks for the compliment. That's the goal I always have, to look "rustic" not manufactured." I'm not an artists. There are Horn Artists here, I'm not one of them. I'm a "horn butcher." ;)
Gog bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Neil:
Thanks for the compliment. That's the goal I always have, to look "rustic" not manufactured." I'm not an artists. There are Horn Artists here, I'm not one of them. I'm a "horn butcher." ;)
Gog bless:
Dave Two Feathers
Yeah, I get it, lol
I spent most of my life building houses. The last ten years or so I drew houses for an architect. I mostly drew details and as-builts but from time to time I'd get a whole project to do. I got a reputation for building the most beautiful bunker style homes you ever saw! LOL. They were always brought back to earth on the first mark up.
You might not think those horns are art but I'd strongly disagree. They project an image of strength and durability and a design honed by years of experience! I've been to many a museum and even more gun shops. I've seen A LOT of horns! Trust me, your horns are every bit as much artwork as they are functional!
Neil

Yeah, I get it, lol
I spent most of my life building houses. The last ten years or so I drew houses for an architect. I mostly drew details and as-builts but from time to time I'd get a whole project to do. I got a reputation for building the most beautiful bunker style homes you ever saw! LOL. They were always brought back to earth on the first mark up.
You might not think those horns are art but I'd strongly disagree. They project an image of strength and durability and a design honed by years of experience! I've been to many a museum and even more gun shops. I've seen A LOT of horns! Trust me, your horns are every bit as much artwork as they are functional!
Neil
I'm not really sure what a bunker style home is?
Thank you VERY much. I'm humbled by your assessment of my work.
I started doing it in 1977 and I never thought I really progressed or advanced at all?
My knives were always my first love/desire.
God bless and thank you again:
Dave

I'm not really sure what a bunker style home is?
Thank you VERY much. I'm humbled by your assessment of my work.
I started doing it in 1977 and I never thought I really progressed or advanced at all?
My knives were always my first love/desire.
God bless and thank you again:
Dave
I've seen your knives, again beautiful work. Something I have not dabbled in much. I do make sheaths and holsters so a knife is in my to-do bucket. A "Bunker Style Home" is a tongue in cheek reference to my tendency to overbuild things. There was general rule of thumb we used framing houses that went like "When in doubt, double it up!" It carried over to my job drawing houses.
170320111057-safe-house-1.jpg

I've seen your knives, again beautiful work. Something I have not dabbled in much. I do make sheaths and holsters so a knife is in my to-do bucket. A "Bunker Style Home" is a tongue in cheek reference to my tendency to overbuild things. There was general rule of thumb we used framing houses that went like "When in doubt, double it up!" It carried over to my job drawing houses.
View attachment 220644
Beautiful, BUT it looks like a bomb shelter or a warehouse...no offense. ;) :thumb:
Mrs. Two Feathers is the one with the eye for habitat.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Beautiful, BUT it looks like a bomb shelter or a warehouse...no offense. ;) :thumb:
Mrs. Two Feathers is the one with the eye for habitat.
God bless:
Two Feathers
That photo was a bit of a joke. I've never worked on anything like that but I thought the photo represented my tendency to shy away from all the decorative filigree. I never fully grasped the whole artistic thing. I'm very much a "form follows function" type of person. I can't tell you how many times I've pointed things out on other people's drawings and said "What's that for?" Only to be told, " well, it looks nice!'

That photo was a bit of a joke. I've never worked on anything like that but I thought the photo represented my tendency to shy away from all the decorative filigree. I never fully grasped the whole artistic thing. I'm very much a "form follows function" type of person. I can't tell you how many times I've pointed things out on other people's drawings and said "What's that for?" Only to be told, " well, it looks nice!'
Missed the joke, sorry. Tells you how old I am. I'm with you on form follows function. My wife will say that, "I don't know why either, but it looks nice."
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy Folks:
Well, my "last" follow up is at 1330 Pa. time. I'm anxious to find out when I can go back to work and drive again? I have fluid in my lungs that they want to drain. Hopefully that won't involve ANOTHER follow-up?
Anyway, wish me luck. I have to get ready, it's an hour drive and I don't want to be late.
Thanks again to everyone for the prayers and concern. and to the website for letting this thread continue.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Update:
Well folks....things didn't go that great. I'm as sick now as I was before the "procedure?"
The Dr.s drained 1400cc's of fluid from around my Left lung, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped much? I'm still sick to my stomach, short of breath and coughing like I have a respiratory disease, but my chest X-rays say I don't.
I have another "followup" in a month if I survive and don't cough myself to death before that? :) They put me on another pill? They think this water pill might help stop the build up of any additional fluid? In a month they'll know.
I'm sorry to be such a whiner. I had hoped to be back to my old self and working for my customers again, long before this?
I WAS released to drive, but now I have no interest in driving. I was told I could return to work BUT..... Mrs. Two Feathers says I should hold off on that for another week. She's afraid of me being in my shop alone, I think I'm fine? I did manage to get 5 ball bags ready to dye and finish while working on our dining room table, so at least I'm ahead of the game there.
Well folks, I think that's about it? NOT the news I had hoped to give y'all. :( I'll try to keep you updated the best that I can. Once I'm back to work or things improve greatly,, I'll let y'all know.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Back